Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 would you shoot this buck? >

would you shoot this buck?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

would you shoot this buck?

Old 11-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default would you shoot this buck?

The other morning i had a very nice buck at 30 yards. He trotted off before he gave me a shot but i think i would have shot him. He is a 150 inch10 pointer with a sticker except on his left side he has broken off his rack right after the g2. I no he would be 150 because i got several trail cam shots of him early season. Should i let him walk if i see him again hoping he would get larger (and a whole rack) next yearor should i let fly??
Old 11-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: would you shoot this buck?

Why would you ask suck a stupid question?
Old 11-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

If youve seen him in full rack, Id pass. If it were a messed up rack genetically, take him.

I saw a show on the tv where they took a broken rack. I thought it was stupid.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

defintley let him walk, as long as you dont got hunting neighbors nearyou, thanyoudont have anything to worry about, i would check his age also, if hes under 6.5 than you will definitley get a better rack next year out of him, plus he can spread his good genes on for another year.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:37 PM

if i was in your stand, yes...i would left the arrow fly, not seeing many big bucks this yr... so if he is a decent buck...LET R FLY...
Old 11-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

My personal preference is to let any buck walk that is not going to hang on my wall. So, for me, this would be a "no brainer" because I wouldn't spend almost $400 for half a rack. Since the three of us who hunt together have adopted this policy of only shooting what we're mounting, our quality hunting has improved dramatically. This year we have at least 5 mature bucks, any of which we would classify as a "shooter". While this policy might not be right for everyone (and I do respect others opinions), we believe it has accomplished what we set out to achieve.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

put em in the freezer
Old 11-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok hes a 150 inch deer with some deductions, why would you let that go? I hope you dont get another shot cuz that was retarded.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:49 PM

Take him!! why would you pass a buck that nice? That's crazy. Someone else might shoot him if you don't anyways.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

i didnt pass on the deer, i simply didnt get a good shot. And he doesent have "deductions" he has 1/2 a rack.

Quick Reply: would you shoot this buck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.