Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BAITING........

Old 11-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default BAITING........

WHAT DO YOU CALL SHOOTING DEER OVER BAIT OR AT FEEDERS?

WELL I DONT CALL IT HUNTING I CALL IT DEER KILLING,SIMPLE AS CATCHING FISH IN A BARREL WITH A NET.

PEOPLE THAT CALL THAT HUNTING DONT KNOW WHAT HUNTING REALLY IS.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Old 11-08-2006, 08:22 PM

Default RE: BAITING........

I believe in 100% Fair Chase and 100% Wild..

Old 11-08-2006, 08:25 PM

I believe in hunting without bait, but I won't put anyone down for hunting over it themselves.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you need to take caps lock off if you want anyone to take you seriously.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

do you hunt voer food plots corn feilds acorns apples ifnot i have no idea what kkeps the deer on your property............. and if you do youare a baiter just that simple and dont put anyone down for doing something legal they are your huntin bros to and stand up for hunting so why do you want to drive them away
Old 11-08-2006, 08:39 PM

I hear ya on the baiting, but I hunt in northern michigan where the deer numbers have been down a bit. So the only way we have been able to get deer to come onto our property is by putting up a feeder. But in the southern part of the state I don't bait, I use more scent 'n' grunting tactics.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

Personally, I won't hunt over bait; it just doesn't seem highly sporting to me. But if someone is feeding their family with what they shoot, I wouldn't find any fault in doing so. Actually, I wouldn't fault anyone for doing so, if that's what they want to do. I just wouldn't do it myself; I hunt in the forest in the mountains because I like the challenge of really wild game. IMO faulting someone for hunting over bait is like a baseball player faulting someone for only playing slow pitch softball. Sure, baseball is more challenging than slow pitch, but if someone enjoys slow pitch, why should that bother me if it makes them happy?
Old 11-09-2006, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ohh geesh here wwe go again!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 06:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Bionicrooster

I think you need to take caps lock off if you want anyone to take you seriously.
Thank you.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:41 AM

I think if you are going to hunt over bait you may as well just cut to the chase and buy a spotlight and go out deer jacking at night ........... Same results.

Quick Reply: BAITING........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.