Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent Lock B. S. >

Scent Lock B. S.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Lock B. S.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Scent Lock B. S.

If you are going to bash a product atleast spell their name right[&:]

Old 11-08-2006, 07:49 PM

Just because you're wearing scent concealing clothing doesn't mean you can completely ignore every other scent eliminating meathod out there and remain completely scent free.

Follow the clothing's instructions, wash yourself with scent eliminating soap, spray yourself down with scent eliminating spray and you shouldn't be busted.

I tend to think its more operator error than the clothing not working.

(And no, I do not own any scent lock clothing.)
Old 11-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

i dont use one and have plenty of luck.i think they maybe over rated but if people like them then use them.......just hunt
Old 11-08-2006, 08:00 PM

this is my scent control...i wear my work boots that walk through cow manure...i hang clothes in the alfalfa loft in my barn...and my camo is all walmart cheap stuff. I can tell you honestly that i have not been winded in 5 years of bowhunting. Just this year i was on the ground with a young 7 point 15 feet away downwind.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have alot of faith in the suits either. I have never used one but from what I heard and definetly what I read I find it hard to believe they work. And it sounds like the companies tagline " Forget the wind just hunt" is hardly true.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: darian1998

this is my scent control...i wear my work boots that walk through cow manure...i hang clothes in the alfalfa loft in my barn...and my camo is all walmart cheap stuff. I can tell you honestly that i have not been winded in 5 years of bowhunting. Just this year i was on the ground with a young 7 point 15 feet away downwind.
The deer in your neck of the woods must have some serious sinus problemsI have only been 5 times this year, and have been busted.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like human error.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:48 PM

My prediction is that we will see the big carbon suit companies move away from carbon all together in the near future. I'm sure the reason given will be that they have found something "better".

I don't see the big hub-bub over scent control. There are so many products out there that work VERY well that you can combine with a little common sense and have all the protection you need.

I think so many people out there just use scent as a scapegoat for their shortcomings because like so many other things it takes the blame off the hunter and places it squarely on some intangible or inanimate entity that makes people feel better by not having to admit THEY screwed up. When in doubt blame your scent.......or your bow......or arrows......or heads......or etc. The VAST majority of times you get busted in the deer woods is due to motion or sound IMO. I get the biggest kick out of guys who go out and see nothing..........and think that if they had a magic suit on they would have seen 10 big bucks that day. Put yourself in the right spot and you will see deer.......no matter what you are wearing.

I follow simple scent precautions............and truthfully, at times I cut corners. I hunt where I want to hunt........not which way the wind is blowing. I hunt questionable winds all the time. The buck I killed this year heard me calling and went downwind to see if the coast was clear.........which is exactly where I was facing (that's right, I was facing downwind) because I knew if I saw a deer that is where I was gonna see it..........after sitting downwind for a few minutes he came trotting right to my tree. The only scent protection I had was some fresh earth spray at the truck to cover myself on the way in.

I am not trying to belittle the use of scent by deer as a defense........I just don't think you have to go insane trying to overcome it.

Take the suit back..........a guy from Scent-Lok posted on here that they have a money back gaurentee if it doesn't work.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Banned

Forget the wind and just hunt my arse. I use the wind, use scent eliminator sprays, good camo patterns made out of quiet material, and proper stand placement.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Sounds like human error.
You're right it was human error. I never said it wasn't. When you put a stand up you can't always hunt the wind. Not sure if you know it or not, but the wind changes directions about 4 times a day here in Oklahoma. Anyone who hunts out of a stand and has had the wind in their favor eveytime out is pretty lucky. Also anyone who has hunted 5 years and never been busted is pretty lucky. Say what you want about wind direction and scent concealment, but you can never be 100% in the right place and scent free everytime.

Quick Reply: Scent Lock B. S.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.