Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Can or other calls >

The Can or other calls

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Can or other calls

Old 11-08-2006, 05:14 PM

Default The Can or other calls

WHo thinks these are worth the money and effort.
I have never used these before and have thaught of giving them a shot.Which ones would you pick up?

Old 11-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The Can or other calls

get the buck ROAR and the primos can....
Old 11-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bought the original can this year, it sounds real good but doesn't have much as far as volume goes. Haven't called in bruisers with it yet. I think if you may see a buck within the short range of the volume then it would work great.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had the can work calling in small yearling deer but never anything big.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

Some guys at work told me it work better once you see a buck give it a try, they it work good for them. I think they told me they use doe bleat or the fawn call been wanting pick up one myself to see if it works but the 9;oo is holding me back .
Old 11-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

i have the primos "lil can" and it does a good job of calling in does.....if the does are in your area...the buck are sure to follow.....
Old 11-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Spike

I also have the primos lil can and just started using it this past weekend. I was able to call in a six pointer but he never came in close enough for a shot. I used it today and tried it on a doe I saw but she didn't pay any attition to it. However I started to to get out of my stand about ten min. after using it and had two does within 40 yards and closing. don't know if it was an accident or if they were responding to the call. I like it and also use a grunt call that has worked this year to. The deer just have not come in close enough yet.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the can with a combination of a grunt call. I have called in numerous deer including many nice bucks. Opening day three years ago i used the can and had 6 bucks come running. Im sure it was out of pure curiousity but i have had success with it nonetheless
Old 11-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Typical Buck

I have killed deer as a direct result of the cans. Last yearturned a small 8 point with a big body toward my stand. He sure made some great pictures and steaks....That was during the rut. I saw him and I had just the li'l can(doe bleat). The very first time I have ever huntedaround five years ago. Iwas justbleating and a 140 lbs doe showed up, man she was tasty. If I am hunting I will usually try the small can first. If no responce or I don't think they can hear it I will try the original (doe estrus). Usually just stick to the li'l can in early season. They also make the big can (doe estrus) Not much louder then the original, a little deeper tone and I think a little longer sound. I have the can but have never tried it yet.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:06 PM

I picked up the lil can and will be trying it out in the morning. I will let yall know how I did

Quick Reply: The Can or other calls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.