Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 GOOD WEEKEND!!! (15pt.PIC) >

GOOD WEEKEND!!! (15pt.PIC)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GOOD WEEKEND!!! (15pt.PIC)

Old 11-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: GOOD WEEKEND!!! (15pt.PIC)

great buck
Old 11-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great deer and great picture! Congratulations!
Old 11-09-2006, 05:35 PM

WOW...CONGRATS, nice buck anyday in my neck of the woods....
Old 11-09-2006, 06:05 PM

I cant beleive my buck made it all the way to IL. Seriously tho congrats man. That is an awesome deer. I'd be showing it off like crazy and im sure you will too. Congrats.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

took ya long enoughnice buck congrats
Old 11-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

BIGBROW.........aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .....now I need a cigarette and some jellybeans....Thats one helluva stud ya got there
Old 11-09-2006, 07:44 PM

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Yeah Great buck. Congrats.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:32 PM

Thanks alot guy for the patience and the help for geting this picture posted...

I just got back from Bow hunting in Iowa Which is a whole nother story all together... Needless to say we were hunting a semi guided leased land area that was suppposed to be great and we got screwed badly. I will post that story soon. i don't want to see anyone else get taken like we did.

And now for the story:

It was a cold calm clearmorning here in southern MN, and the sky was just starting to turn red where the sun wouldsoon follow. (how am i doin so far?)I was hunting an areathat I had been saving. The corn was out and my food plotswere nowserving as main browsing and feeding areas for does and fawns before they went into bedding. The stand was in a natural funnel. If their were any bucks cruising around scent checking they would more than likely at some point have to come through this food plot staging area. The wind was perfect. 5Mph. in my face with the river bottoms at my back 40 feet below. A small 5 point came through that i had been seeing almost daily. I could always tell what deer he was even in the woods for the last week or so he had been running around grunting very loudly and a strange kinda grunting noise. kinda similar to if you blow in your grunt tube or duck call too hard and it makes a funny noise, well thats what he sounded like. Anyways back to the story, This bigger buck came in right on the same path i took getting into my stand an hour and a half ealier. (importance of scent control) hegrunted once and stopped. I waspretty close when i first noticed himand he was looking my way and i thought, dammit! my one chance at this deer after all these times after him and i blew it before i even got a shot. Well he kept walking closer and closer towards me till he walked under the branches (5yds.)I left for draw back cover on purpose, Drew back on him, Anchored, he came into the first opening, that opening closed as soon as he was there then i knew i had one more even bigger lane to shoot in next, so i waited put the green pin between the spine and the high lung area as he kept walking by I let her rip and stuck him in both lungs, half the arrow exited the bottom of the other side the other half stayed in him most of the way. He ran 65yds. down the hill and tipped over dead. I never did see him go down which made the 1 hour wait seem like 1 year. I knew i had put a good hit on him but didn't need him going to the neighbors, it was gun seson here. The actual distance was closer to 4yds to where he was and the tree i was in.

It was a great day that will never be forgotten and it was a great way to end the life of thisawesome animal i had been hunting for 2 years.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a dandy buck! congrats
Old 11-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Awsome. Very nice.

Quick Reply: GOOD WEEKEND!!! (15pt.PIC)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.