Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tough Call...need advice >

Tough Call...need advice

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tough Call...need advice

Old 11-08-2006, 04:53 PM

Default RE: Tough Call...need advice

WHat I would do is find out who it was and approach him and let them know tha the land is now yours. I would be nice and share the property with them untill the end of the season as long as the seem like people you would like to hunt with. Other than that I would either charge them to hunt it or kick them off if they seem like pricks
Old 11-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

Myself i would leave a note on his stand informing him to contact me at home so i could tell him i'm the new owner, so we could talk about him hunting there..If he would tell me that was the only woods for him to hunt in this year, i would tell him it was ok to finish the season out but the following year he would have to find a new place to hunt.Thats just my opion, it's realy up to you 'just leason to what your heart tell you to do and it will be the right decsion.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

Good advice from all- THANKS!! I guess we will talk to the guy and feel out the situation and take it from there. Any advice on how we can effectively protect ourselves from liability of this getting injured or something?
Old 11-09-2006, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Give him a deadline. " You have until Nov 30th to get your deer and your gear." Treat him as you would wish to be treated. Make a friend not an enemy.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I would delay clearing it for a business for a couple of years and enjoy having my own property to hunt. Business is one thing but HUNTING is really important. ;?)