Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This is horrible >

This is horrible

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This is horrible

Old 11-08-2006, 01:20 PM

Default RE: This is horrible

ORIGINAL: Leathal Diamonds

ORIGINAL: Z71FullDraw05

I woulda stole it too...sorry
That's good to know. I hope the next time you shoot off that deck that the limb on that Hoyt hit's the railing and breaks. Couldn't happen to a "better" person.

haha, sounds good, Ill make sureI watch out for that, wouldn't want the "better" person to get hurt.

I would never let meat like that go to waste, there's plenty of people that lose there deer, some don't even bother looking for them, I'm more than happy to find them.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Almost the same thing happened to me last year. I shot the Buck and kew it was a good shot so I got on it right away next thing I know I here a car door open. I knew right away what was up so I got out to the buck right away the guy thought it was road kill. He was nice enough to wait with the deer until I went & got my truck. I saw a buck laying there I would grab it. If it had a whole in it I would let the nearest land owner or try and find a car that belongs to a hunterto put a note on.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

Someone might have grabbed it thinking the hunter wasn't going to find it. There should be an unwritten law stating that if you find a deer you should post a signwhere the deer was foundsaying you have it.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:53 PM

thats a god idea, i second
Old 11-08-2006, 02:18 PM

want to know what is truly scary is the guy that stole that deer has no idea there there is a broadhead inside of it. Check your local hospitals for severe laceration victims yesterday and you have your theif!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 02:51 PM

If I'd stopped roadside & found a deer that had signs of being downed by a hunter, I would call the local DEC officers and check with the nearest property owner for a 'missing' deer.. The DEC can make the call on what to do to prevent waste of the animal, and they also should be called if a shot animal goes into private land and the owners refuses permission to recover the animal. They can also tag it so you can legally take it without using your own tag. If they said we've done everything possible, I'd take it also, rather than let it go to waste.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Any ways he went to work and called me about 12 o clock. (deer was shot around 6:30 am)
I hate to say it, but it's your friend's own fault. Heshould have stayed and finished the job he started instead of going to work and calling you nearly SIX HOURS LATER! Say the guy showed up at 7AM and found the deer. There wasn't anybody around to wave over to the deer. He might have trailed it all the way back to the tree and still not found anybody. Who could be expected to hang around all day before you got the call to go look for it?

Could be the guy who took it really was a walking slimeball who stole the deer. Could just as easily be he was a dedicated hunter who didn't want to see a shot and abandoned deer go to waste. You reckon maybe the guy was cussing the SOB who shot the deer and was too lazy to recover it the whole time he was loading it up?

Best way to try and prevent stuff like this happening is to either blow off a morning of work and find the deer before leaving, or just don't go hunting if you can't miss work and don't have time to take care of what you shoot.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:50 PM
dws

I have to agree with what Artur P said.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

I hate to say it, but it's your friend's own fault. Heshould have stayed and finished the job he started instead of going to work and calling you nearly SIX HOURS LATER! ---just don't go hunting if you can't miss work and don't have time to take care of what you shoot.

Without a doubt, Arthur is absolutely right on this. I say shame on anyone who shoots a deer, good shot or otherwise, and doesn't stick around to track it. And calling a buddy to do his work for him? C'mon.But hey, you know what they say, "you reap whatyou sow".
Old 11-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

someone saw the deer and probably waited for awhile and saw no one was coming so they grabbed it.sounds funny but could be true.