Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

demont indiana

Old 11-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: demont indiana

ORIGINAL: hollywoodvx

I live in southern Indiana and the hunting down here is real good. Indiana may not have the biggest bucks in the country but were getting there with the new rule changes only 1 antlered deer per year. That will let the young ones have a chance to grow. We have the nutrition and genetics but never allowed deer to reach their full potential but now may be they can.
I'll tell you what, the big deer are in this state. I honestly don't think we get the credit we deserve.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Spike

I don't know what OBR is or all the other talk but I know this. Due the math it is easy, 1 buck per year per hunter so in 5 years how mant bucks are harvested per hunter??? 5 bucks the old rule was what 2 bucks per person per year so in 5 years how many bucks are harvested????? 10. So with the new rule more bucks will be allowed to reach their full potential and now hopefully we can start harvesting some of these does here in southern indiana. your allowed 8 does in alot of these countys down here because of overpopulation and meat is meat. Just my opinion and a man told me once that with out data your just another person with an opinion. So hopefully in 5 years will have the data we are looking for, Good or Bad!!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to Indiana. Im down in the southern end in Pike county. The hunting is very good around here. Im also a believer in the OBR and have seen a drastic change in my area in the size of the bucks. We got some biggens running around here unlike before, you only saw 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 year old bucks. In the last three years i managed to get 3 1/2 and a 4 1/2 year olds , my biggest bucks ever, and have seen alot of nice onesbut catching up with them is another story.
Dan
Old 11-11-2006, 08:14 AM

Biggest crock of sheit ever perpetrated on the Hoosier hunter . Kevin1 i would have too agree with you. Oh you have the people that are still going to shoot the 1.5 to 2.5 year old bucks,or even button bucks? If the state wants to increase the size of the Bucks then either make it where it has to be wider then it ears, or make Gun season 10 daysor shorter. What i would really like to know is who was behind getting the OBR push through and why? is it for more out of state hunters which = more money to the state. We will probably always have 50/50 split on this, I would just like to here a HONEST answer?

Old 11-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

The hunting in this area is very good, like it is in most counties in IN. I also agree that IN does not get the credit we deserve, but hey thats all right with me. Try to go to IL and ask permission to hunt on some private property, it's probably not too likely it will happen. The area you talk of is predominately private, however they do have some decent public land hunting there. Also, if you like to waterfowl hunt this area is close to some of the best in the state. Welcome to our state, and don't forget that this part of the state is gold and black.