Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

demont indiana

Old 11-07-2006, 11:22 PM

Default demont indiana

anyone here hunt or live near demont? im moving there as soon as i sell my house here in georgia, and while i only have 4 acres between me and my dad (he lives next door) its all cornfield behind me and im wondering how the hunting is in that area or what clubs are in the area? are the deer usually bedded in the drainage ditches?
Old 11-08-2006, 05:21 AM

Default RE: demont indiana

What county are you in??
Old 11-08-2006, 08:16 PM

newton county, at the border of lake and jasper countys
Old 11-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Spike

It's DeMotte, that's how it's spelled I used to live there for 6 years. I didn't deer hunt then though, but I still have some friends family there that do. I know it's real flat and wooded country, and LOTs and LOTs of corn. I've always heard that down insouthern indiana is pretty good huntin.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Spike

I live in southern Indiana and the hunting down here is real good. Indiana may not have the biggest bucks in the country but were getting there with the new rule changes only 1 antlered deer per year. That will let the young ones have a chance to grow. We have the nutrition and genetics but never allowed deer to reach their full potential but now may be they can.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

im up in the northeast cornor and huntings been great ive already shot 4 and have been picky i like the one buck rule but we may not have it much longer
Old 11-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

no no there isn`t any big bucks in indiana!!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 11:45 PM

i hope they keep the one buck rule.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:21 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: hollywoodvx

Indiana may not have the biggest bucks in the country but were getting there with the new rule changes only 1 antlered deer per year. That will let the young ones have a chance to grow. We have the nutrition and genetics but never allowed deer to reach their full potential but now may be they can.
The OBR did nothing but increase the gross number of bucks , the ones that don't get shot their first year are still getting shot the second year anyway according to IDNR statistics . They can't reach their potential if they don't live past their second birthday , which OBR does nothing about . Biggest crock of sheit ever perpetrated on the Hoosier hunter .
Old 11-10-2006, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

I disagee, I think OBR is the best thing since sliced bread. I'm glad they adopted the plan and voted to continue it for the next 5 years.

Quick Reply: demont indiana

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.