Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Greg H. and all

Old 11-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Greg H. and all

I let 4 more 8 points walk that were easy chip shots. The one tonight was real close to getting a broadhead but I justdidn't let it go. I'm stillholding out for the big boy I seen. I hopeI don't wind up with tag soup. Anyone else seeing a big boy they are holding out for?
Old 11-07-2006, 07:37 PM

Default RE: Greg H. and all

Same here, Ive got lots of cam pics of a monster, but have yet to see him in the flesh this year anyway, Its getting harder and harder to hold out, Im seeing bucks every time im in the stand but shooters are staying away, its time for the big one to mess up though.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

my dad has seen him yesterday at dark and this morning off of our front porch and i passed on a spike in velvet for that deer and while in Illinois i hear of a big deer on a stand i passed on a 120s 10 point for that deer
Old 11-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tough call Motown, I passed a nice 120-130 8 the same day I shot the big one I was after.

Every buck I seen I just kept telling myself he is not the buck you want.

I was one fallen tree away from not getting him. You get maybe one chance here in MI at your buck. I am guessing KS is the same.

Old 11-07-2006, 07:43 PM

i did the same hunting something to put on the wall and my wife say it better be worth $400.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Typical Buck

I hunted from 9:00am to 1:00pm saw nothing. Went back out at 2:30 at 3:30pm I saw a doe running across the cornfield toword me. Then a couple seconds later a medium sized 6-8 point was chasing her. They finally slowed down when the passed me and may thier way into the timber. I bleated and they came running back to the corner I was close to. The doe came out and around to my stand (fence row). The buck stayed just inside the timber. He was grunting about every 30 -40 seconds. The doe comes over to my ladder and starts smelling around for about 5 mins. Then she takes a big wizz right at the bottom of my ladder. I was waiting on him to come out. She went back around and trotted down the timber I was next to. The buck stayed inside and followed her along.[:@] Saw them right at dark feeding farther back in the timber....snuck out real quite.

I talked to the land owner and he talked to a guy that had spotted the biggest buck he had ever seen out there in that area. So I was trying to hold out for a chance. But maybe should of taken the doe or at least jumped down on it and try to ride it for 8 secs....[&:] I only have one doe so far.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hope you get what your after.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nodog

Hope you get what your after.
I second that. I passed on several bucks this past weekend that I'm now second guessing my decision about.[&:] Good Luck!!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Site Buck Guru

Don't second guess your self or you won't get what you are after. Be patient, you'll get your chance. I messed up a chance at my 10 point because I thought he was a 9 I hadn't seen before. After I let him get by me I saw it was a 10 I would have took. Oh well. I'll keep trying. Due to the wind, I've been hunting a different spot lately. It too looks promising.

Good luck to all in their goals
Old 11-08-2006, 12:12 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Hang in there. I regret passing a few goodbucks over the years but you can't tag a big one if a smaller one is wearing your tag. With that said, I have a feeling your 8 points are big enough compared to our's here where I wouldn't have to pass!!That is just not right you lucky .... !!

Best of luck although you are one not to need it. You are one who knows how to get it done. Looking forward to seeing pics ofthe brute you shoot this year!!

Just how big are these 8s you're passing if I may ask??

Tim

Quick Reply: Greg H. and all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.