Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hug your 4 legged friend(s) >

Hug your 4 legged friend(s)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hug your 4 legged friend(s)

Old 11-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Hug your 4 legged friend(s)

Outside of my family……I’ve been blessed in my life to have met two souls that love me unconditionally…….and I’d love to be the man they see through their eyes. One soul is my wife. The other is my 9 yr old Lab……Ashley…..whom I’ve raised since she was 5-1/2 weeks.

I just got back to my office from the vet’s office…..and I’m told she won’t be with me much longer. I’m also told I will be the one to make the decision when she leaves this world. At 42….I’ve never been humbled like I am, right now.

Words can not describe the love I have for this animal. She’s been a companion……a hunting buddy……and she’s been a friend. I’m man enough to say that I love her….and part of me will go with her.

God bless our four legged children…..and thank you for allowing us to love them.

Sincerely,

Ashley’s dad.

I didn’t write this to elicit responses. I wrote this because it needed to be said, and because I know a lot of you have likely been down this same road.....and because I consider you my friends. If you’re a dog lover…..just hug your buddy. If you’re not….I don’t expect you to understand.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hug your 4 legged friend(s)

Sorry to hear. And I know how you feel.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:03 PM

A dog truly is a man's best friend. The only time I've seen my dad cry is when we lose a dog.

New Pups

Old 11-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry to here about your dog.......I have three dogs...They are spoiled rotten, and defiantly part of the family!
Old 11-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear. Man's true best friend. My dogs sick and in the processes of going to the vet all the time. Kinda feel ya. Good luck and take care.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:22 PM

Buddy i understand fully and im sorry ,it hurts worse when you lose a hunting companion ,ive been raising labs 15 years and currently have 2 black labs one mixed and one fiest and it chokes this big man up to thank of losing them but one day it will come and illhave to face it.Especially my big male he;ll go through any thing to get his birds.You seem like a good ol boy and i bet by your name your a big turkey hunter too,
Old 11-07-2006, 01:26 PM

Sorry to hear that Bro. I feel your pain and took your advice.

Buck and Jack.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

I held my last two dogs when I made the decision for them to leave this world. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do and thinking about it now fills my eyes with tears as well as this touching tribute to a loving family member.

My little man, Axel lays against my friends legs sitting beside me. He's plum tuckered from our day together. I can't imagine missing him right now, in his short 7 months he's brought love to both my wife and I. I wish our pets would out live us, I won't even imagine losing him, ever even with the inevitable.

Jeff, my heart goes out to you as a man who loves dogs, and as a friend.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess the does ain't the only one who are coming up on that time of the month...
Old 11-07-2006, 01:51 PM

Sorry to hear about your lab, I alsohave a 12 year old black lab who has been a companion to me the same way your's has been to you. Its a terribly hard thing to do,my prayers are with you and your family.

Quick Reply: Hug your 4 legged friend(s)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.