Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stollen Weekend

Old 11-06-2006, 04:58 AM

Default Stollen Weekend

Well it finally happened. Someone has stollen my treestand and trashed my hunting season. 1 week after I accomplished my goal of harvisting my 1st deer, some jerk steals my equipment from out of my tree. It was even locked up with a cable. The worste thing was, I was going to take my son with me on Saturday. I went out to check out the bait pile and set up his blind to watch. I am so disgusted. I even know who did it. I just have no way to proove it. My son was so mad, he even cried. I just can't believe some people. Oh well, maybe next year.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:02 AM

Default RE: Stollen Weekend

I feel for you, sometimes I wonder who these people are and how they live with themselves, I walk by at least 4 treestands where I hunt and I haven't heard of any getting stolen. That really sucks. It's not for everybody but, I use an AmbushSaddle, I pack it up when I'm done hunting and take it home with me, the hardest part is coming up with a quick way to get up the tree.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:17 AM

I had a stand stolen 2 weekends ago. That will ruin your whole weekend.
It was locked to a tree with a cable I bought from Dick's SPorting Goods.
I recommend not buying the cable that has loops on the end that are clamped with metal bands.
The thieves just pulled on my stand until the cable pulled loose through the bands.
If I ever decide to leave a stand in the woods again, it will be chained and locked with a chain that could hold an elephant!
Old 11-06-2006, 06:41 AM

The worst part was the look on my kids faces when I told them. They have been waiting all season to go with me. I have to figure out a way to get them in the woods. I have a ground blind but, it is too little for (2) people. Maybe I can rework it from a blind/tent to a 3-sides blind that we both can sit in. I guess all I can do is try it. I will not leave another stand in the woods again. This just cut way to deep.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

What a bummer. I hate thieves! I hope you can come up with plan B and get your kid in the woods.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stand theft happens more and more around here. I 've been using those cables and a cheap $2 padlock....its more of a visual theft deterant than anything. Ifa thiefwants ANYTHING bad enough, they will find a way to steal it. I'm just trying to keep the "honest" guys honest.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:49 AM

I feel for you and your kids. That just STINKS all the way around. These are the kind of "hunters" that need to get out of our sport, they go against everything we have worked hard to "clean up". They have no idea what "Sportsman" means. These are the people who damage our sport everyday in so many ways and we unfortunatly to our disbelief ... our surrounded by them. God's speed fellow Sportsman!
Old 11-06-2006, 10:09 AM

That sucks !!! I am so sorry that happened to you and your child. I hope you can find who did it and string em' up.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:42 AM

Was your stand on private property? That's really a bummer... Something I do, even though there's no way the perpetrators would return it, is write my name, address, and phone number on my hunting equipment (stands, cameras). That way, there's a face/name to the equipment. My hopes is that they would feeel bad about it, but like I said, I doubt someone would return something if they're stealing it....
Old 11-06-2006, 10:46 AM

This total sucks! Are you going to confront the guy who did it?

Quick Reply: Stollen Weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.