Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl >

Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

Old 11-09-2006, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

i like the mad growl i called in lots of two and a halfs with it.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:50 AM

was just debating over these very two calls leaning towards the primos. Decision made. Primos it is.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Typical Buck

Zim, so I need to draw an Illinois or Iowa or Kansas to kill a big buck? That's non-sense. What about Ohio and Kentucky?
Anyway I have not had any luck with my buck growl, time is not right yet. Does makes really mature grunts though, also the bucks ticks.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why do you have to be a dick about it. maybe it does work, there is no reson for that crap.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:01 PM

Okay guys no need to get into typing argument, were all hunters here and different calls work in different places, but i was bowhunting tonight setting up in my stand, around 10 mins til dark i hear what sounds like a deer walking threw the leaves and hear this sound, just a little deeper than a grunt, so maybe it was a buck making a roar, he did it about 3 times, sounded like he was close, but where im hunting at, its very thick with down trees... only seen one doe after that sound and it was right at dark, never did see a buck...so who knows this call might work, havent bought one yet...gun season opens this saturday in KY. so maybe i will get a shot on a decent buck

also would like to thank you all for your suggestions on these two calls

thanks alot
rob from ky
Old 11-09-2006, 07:16 PM

bought a Primos Buck Roar today. tried it out....no luck. Try again tommarow I guess. The video makes it look good tho!
Old 11-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Spike

I was a cameraman for a couple diffrent outdoor tv shows, so that means alot of tree time in alot of diffrent states, and I can honestly say i have witnessed both the roar and the estrous bleet. My family has more than 3500 acres in se ks and i have killed plenty of bucks w/o any call, however i have killed many with, in my pack i have the primos roar, the can, hs true talker, rattling horns, and estrous scent. I feel that if nothings happening in the woods then why not try to make some noise to bring one in., or if that buck of a lifetime is headed away from you rather than say i did nothing why not hit the calls. there is no right or wrong on this topic, its 1/2 dozen one - 6 another. i just got the roar today and am going to the farm tomorrow through monday, i will give you a full report, we have alot of deer here in ks and i plan to try it out, so im still on the fence on the roar. happy huntin.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

So Zim has hunted 23 years...does that mean you know more than everyone else? I've been hunting for 35 years so that means I have seniority on you.

Trust me, I'm the most skeptical guy out there. I don't buy hardly anything out there because like you say it's mostly gimmicks. However when I witnessed the roar call in action and understand what it is then I knew they where on to something. It's not something that's going to work all year long but when the time is right it will work great. All other grunt calls I've seen sound like crap and I never had any luck with them. The new roar call sound is right on.

I used it again this morning. I blew it once then again in about a minute. The second time I did it there was a nice 8 pointer looking at me at 60 yards and I didn't see him come in. I think he saw me move the second time and he circled around me.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:46 PM
cas

Sometimes things work.. sometimes they don't. That's just the way it works.
I used the can all last year with no luck, other than to scare away a few does one night. Used it a few days this year... one morning I heard some bucks sparring, I hit the can three times and the fight stopped. I heard one run away and the other came to me like I had a magnet.

What's this mean? The can CAN work. Doesn't mean it always WILL work. And of course it won't make deer appear out of thin air where there aren't any. If they're there and willing, it CAN work.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:14 PM

so zim, there are only three golden states with bug bucks? wat about texas, canada, KENTUCKY, ohio, oklahoma, or on the Milk River in Montanaor pretty much anywhere has big bucks. let them by their calls if they want to, you dont have to if you dont want to. they simply want to know which new "gimmick" works better.

Quick Reply: Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.