Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl >

Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

Old 11-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

I have the primos version with the snort / wheeze. I used the growl or roar this am and had a DANDY 135" come to 15 yards...well he used to be 135 until he snapped his entire right side off. Got him on video. The call works and the snort / wheeze is even more effective IMO.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:47 AM

I have both and this is my opinion.

The MAD Buck Growl is a very nice call. It will make good grunts but as already stated, if you blow too hard, is starts to "quack". I do not think I would try to get too aggressive with it. You can blow harder than other calls I have used but there is a limit. It's also a nice looking call. Be careful with it and don't drop it. There is a locking piece for the reed that will fall out and the whole thing is junk until you put it back together. It happened to me when I dropped it while climbing down from my stand. I have heard several people complain of this. The instructional mini DVD is OK.

The Primos Buck Roar is also very nice. This call will let you blow as hard as you want to without turning into duck call. Primos said that they "opened" the reed to allow this. The problem I find with this call is you cannot do soft grunts. You have to blow a good amount of air through it which imitates a dominate buck all of the time. This may be a problem in some situations. The snort/wheeze call attached to it is fine also. Sounds just like every other snort/wheeze out there. I also think this is one of the ugliest grunt calls every produced and they could have left off the Dick Tracy secret decoder compass. [:'(] The instructional mini DVD is nice.

I haven't had the chance to use either in the woods yet. I wlll be going out Friday and bringing both so I will let you know.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:11 PM

When did hunting calls become a fashion contest !!!!! Who cares what it looks like if it works !!! Plus its just like fishing lures not one call can do it all but the primos is pretty close.. Carry another grunt call with you for soft grunts and the whole purpose of the primos call is so you can get aggressive.. Maybe they should make a pretty pink one for ya !!! lmao

Old 11-07-2006, 10:50 PM

thanks for the help guys you have any luck with the call, post back wish i could get the buck roar but everywhere is sold out, and gun season comes in this weekend, and if i did order one it wouldnt be in before saturday....
Old 11-08-2006, 01:05 AM
Typical Buck

OVER THE WEEKEND I BOUGHT THE BUCK ROAR, THE REASON I BOUGHT IT IS THAT IS HAS THE ROAR, THE WEEZE AND GRUNT TUBE ALL IN ONE. I WENT OUT TODAY ON PUBLIC LAND AND WALKED IN ABOUT 80 YARDS AND ROARED. I HAVE THREE DIFFERNT BUCK COME IN TILL THEY GOT MY WIND. THESE BUCKS WHERE 2 SIXS AND A SPIKE. I WILL TEST IT OUT THIS WEEKEND AND ALL NEXT WEEK DURNING GUN SEASON HERE IN THE KY STATE.
GOOD HUNTING.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:21 AM

ORIGINAL: NCHuntnFEVER06

When did hunting calls become a fashion contest !!!!!
LOL! I wanted to see how long it took for someone to say that about my post. But it's still an ugly call. LOL

On the other hand, hunting has turned into a fashion contest these days. Who really needs camo underwear?!

/Hijack
Old 11-08-2006, 04:10 PM

LOL.. That is true.. I guess incase a deer catches you with your pants down !! LMAO..
Old 11-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Sorry but this is all too rediculous. I have never heard any buck make any such sound. To me these are nothing but your classic gimmicks. I think I'll come out with one called the Buck Belch. The hot new call y'all gotta have. The real way to take a big buck is draw an Iowa/Kansas/Illinois tag or get a good lease. $30 for a call ain't gonna do it.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

it works...i actually think its built well... u can switch from the grunt to the snort wheeze fast, its soft rubber so no noise if you bump it. and it stays out of your way on your arm.....i only payed $17 at dicks for mine and if you want higher pitched grunts just pop the black rubber tube off the end of the green body of the call...u can deepen the sound a tad with your hand that way....
Old 11-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Zim

Sorry but this is all too rediculous. I have never heard any buck make any such sound. To me these are nothing but your classic gimmicks. I think I'll come out with one called the Buck Belch. The hot new call y'all gotta have. The real way to take a big buck is draw an Iowa/Kansas/Illinois tag or get a good lease. $30 for a call ain't gonna do it.
Just goes to show you don't know everything. This call used at the right time ( pre rut and rut) will be one of the best calls out. I called one in tonight from over 200 yards away. Came in on a string.

I had a good 8 pointer doing this call for about two hours the other day. Six more bucks came in while he was doing it. He was guarding a pre estrus doe and was fired up big time. When a buck hears another buck doing this they know theres a hot doe near by.

Quick Reply: Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.