Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl >

Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

Old 10-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

I just bought the buck roar by primos and i like the way it sounds.. i aint gonna hold my finger over my A... well nevermind, but im not gonna expect deer to come running everytime they hear the call, but hopefully if i have one in range i can get him to come my way to investigate.. we will see...
Old 10-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

The growl. My second day using it. He was the smaller of the two that came running in to see what was going on

ORIGINAL: kybowhunter423

is that the buck growl or the buck roar call?, also very nice deer
Old 10-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok Zim stick your feet in your mouth and chew really hard. You just said the only way to get a big buck and I quote!! "The real way to take a big buck is draw an Iowa/Kansas/Illinois tag or get a good lease. $30 for a call ain't gonna do it."

Many of us on here can prove you wrong. I knowI can.

ORIGINAL: Zim

Sorry but this is all too rediculous. I have never heard any buck make any such sound. To me these are nothing but your classic gimmicks. I think I'll come out with one called the Buck Belch. The hot new call y'all gotta have. The real way to take a big buck is draw an Iowa/Kansas/Illinois tag or get a good lease. $30 for a call ain't gonna do it.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:55 PM

A buddy of mine (Springcaller) bought me the MAD growl last year. I used it a couple times and I believe I spooked a deer instead of bringing him in. I do think the call works though, just not that time. Makes anawesome grunt.

I think I will go ahead and buy the Primos one and check it out as well.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm going to record some of my gas sounds... I think they sound just like a buck roar/grunt/snort wheeze/urination explosion. I can't for the life of me buy a call which promises THIS year to be the greatest. LAst year it was the Drury Roar. This year they got a new one and don't mention the roar. Save about 15 dollars and buy a nice simple realistic grunt tube. I've been hunting for 49 years and have seen 1000s of deer. I've never experience most of thesesounds call makers profess to be the Ticket to success. I've seen just as many run from calls on TV as I've seen come to them. In most cases, the deer that came to them probably would have anyway. A nice soft grunt tube is all you need. Best yet, you can use it next year and not have to buy the all new Roar/Sneeze/Wheeze/Putt/fart call