Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
draw on the "noise"
0.81%
wait until you see whats making the noise
99.19%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

do you draw?

Old 11-05-2006, 05:27 AM

Default RE: do you draw?

I don't know why anyone would draw back at just a sound in some brush..Just wouldn't make sense..You could have that bow back a looonngg time before getting the shot you need..
Old 11-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

thank you all. awesome results. all great reasonings...all which i know to be true. i think i can call it case closed...i was right. i had no doubts i was..but now the numbers are public! the other person said something along the lines 99% of use would admit to drawing on a sound! the results show 96% would NOT draw until you see it! thanx guys....
Old 11-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I will not draw until I see what is making the noise and if the deer is a deer I will shoot and thats in my shooting capabilities!!!!!! Then i wait for the perfect time to draw so I don't get busted!

To me its unsafe and senseless to draw on a noise???
Old 11-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

I will not draw on noise alone though I will be ready to see what is making the noise. I can recall one time years ago I was laying on the ground under a pine tree watching a light line. I heard some thing coming and moved a little bit to see what it was. The next thing I knew I was looking up a barrel from a high school kid. I simply told him to point it some place else as it was not a good feeling. He stated that he was sorry and thought I was a deer. I asked him if deer always have orange on. I can only hope that the kid had learned something that day as, it wasn't a good feeling looking up a barrel.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

I just yell, WHO GOES THERE? if nobody answers I know I'm safe to go ahead and draw way before I know what it might be. Who knows it might be a whooliebuger or something. LOL. No. I don't draw until I have an opportunity to see what the noise is and if it's what I'm hunting for I'll then draw.
It's weird to see only 1percent of the pole actually draw at first sound.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah i'd never draw or take off safety on noise. It's just not safe at all.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just yell, WHO GOES THERE? if nobody answers I know I'm safe to go ahead and draw way before I know what it might be.

I always carry apples into the stand with me, that way I can throw an apple into the brush to try drawing a response, then I draw if I hear no humans. [8D]

Really, I never draw unless I have acquired a target by sight.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't draw till I have a clean shot.

I do practice draw a lot though. Even shoot at leaves on the ground.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

Drawing is a tactical movement. Your drawagainst the deer's eyes (and sometimes their sixth sense), try to put something between your draw and the deer's eyes (deadspace)if possible (i.e. tree). Try to draw slow and smooth....... as fast, spontaneous movements alert deer more than slower methodical movements. As someone else stated, I ususally get situated when I hear noise coming in my direction unless I know for sure it is not a deer (i.e. squirrel). And like someone else said, I would not draw until I know for surethe deer is going to offer me a clean shot which could take ALOT longer than just hearing some noise in the brush, you may see the deer for an hour or two before it may offer you a shot. Hope this helps!

VA
Old 11-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't draw my bow until I see the deer come in to range when it's not looking in my direction of course then I wait for that clear shot at the vital area.

Quick Reply: do you draw?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.