Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First deer (Doe)! With pics! >

First deer (Doe)! With pics!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First deer (Doe)! With pics!

Old 11-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default First deer (Doe)! With pics!

Hi all, I am an avid reader of this website andjust wanted to share with you all my first Deer ever! This is my first year hunting & I head out this morning for my 4th time of the season (the previous four times I did not see anything that resembled a Deer). I get to my stand about 7:30 or so & as I am pulling up my bow I hear a deer coming from behind me. I did not even have my bow unclipped or my back pack off and the Doe was standing directly under me. As I stand up & draw, the Doe continues on and she is facing away from me & offered no shot. I let the bow down and next thing I know there are two more Does coming from behind me. They bothwere yearlings so I just watched and realized that there was a fourth deer coming as well. I watched and waited for her to get close and then spotted a nice10 point big buck behind her (I have never seen this Buck before this morning). The Doe came under me, but the damn buck stopped and went around me offering no shot. He definitely knew something was not right. The Does cont. on and the buck went the other way. I rattled and the Buck came charging back in but again stopped about 50 yards out and stood there smelling me for ten minutes. He then wandered off again. I rattled and grunted but he lost all interest. I rattled about 15 minutes later & a small spike came in and put on a show for me -he was cool to watch. At this point things got quiet & I decided to take a little buck lure & drip it on the ground under my stand. About 15 minutes later I was starting to think about heading in for lunch but then caught movement and noticed that there were several Deer in the distance. I called with the Primos Can and they started heading right for me. Then I noticed that the big Buck that I saw before was trailing behind. I figured this was it, I was going to get my shot at the Buck. The Does came right in and all four were at the base of my stand and smelling / licking the lure that I dripped on the ground. But wouldn't you know, the damn buck stopped again about 50 yards out and stood there for well over 15 minutes smelling & looking my way. He ended up going wide around me& again did not respond to rattling. About to head infor lunch,I decided to rattle one more time. I rattled for 20-30 seconds and heard something to my right & looked over and there was my girl. She snuck up on me and caught me with no bow in hand. Shemingled around trying to figure out where the rattling was coming from while I slowly put down my antlers & p-up my bow. I drew, wobbled & almost fell off the stand, set the 30 yard pin and hit the release then checked to make sure that I did not hershey squirt in my pants. I got both lungs with a sweet shot and she only went25 yards. I still cannot believe that this all has happened. I have been practicing as much as I could for this day & it paid off. I could not believe the amount of deer movement that there was today. I go from seeing nothing to seeing so many deer my head was spinning. Gotta love the Rut! I got to give a big thanks to everyone that posts here because I have learned so much from you all. Thanks! I have tried to upload the pics but it is not working. It says that the file is too large!?!
Old 11-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: First deer (Doe)!

Great deal. sounds like you made a tough shot happen. I wish you could also get the pics to show also.
Dan
Old 11-04-2006, 08:30 PM

Congratulations!!! If you can, please post a picture.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first! Sounds like you had a great day.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:55 PM

Great, well done!!
Old 11-05-2006, 02:43 AM

Here is the link HNI JUSTIN wrote. Photobucket.com works great as a host and the account set up is easy and free. Plus you do not have to resize your pics.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1735212
Old 11-05-2006, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first!
Old 11-05-2006, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the Photobucket link. Here they are!

Old 11-05-2006, 04:15 PM

Fine looking deer! It looks like the boy is still happy! Glad you figured out the pics.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a big ole doe, congrats.

Quick Reply: First deer (Doe)! With pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.