Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Last night's 8-point! >

Last night's 8-point!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Last night's 8-point!

Old 11-04-2006, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Last night's 8-point!

k, here's the story. I worked a half day yesterday, like all Fridays. I headed out to a tree that I had only hunted one time before, about 3 weeks ago. It is at the base of a steep hill with lots of oaks, and to the south about 30 yards is a cut corn field and to the weswt about 40 yards is another cut corn field, east and north is all timber. I got settled in at about 2:00. Around 3:00 I see some deer begin to move out into the field to the south. The first deer out is what remains of a real nice 10-point we had been seeing. His right beam is broke off about 3" above his base, and the other side has the G-3 snapped off and the tip of the beam is gone. He came right over to me naturally, but I let him walk, and got pissed off that he is in shambles! Deer continued to filter out into the field and the deer I shot came out. He was about 50 yards away and I grunted at him a couple of times, which he heard, but didn't really care too much about. I then decided to try and snort-wheeze at him. I sat there for about 5 minutes trying to decide whether to do it or not, and finally decided to give it a shot. So, I gave my best effort at the fabled snort-wheeze, and I couldn't believe my eyes, but he bristled up and began walking my way. He hopped a fence on the edge of the south field, and came into the woods where I was at about 40 yards. I bleated with my voice to stop and I nailed him. Perfect shot, directly through the heart, not even a scratch on the lungs. I center-punched a rib on the entry and exit, and still got a perfect passthrough, and broadhead is still in fine shape also. Now its time to get a real monster!

Here's a link to the pic:

Old 11-04-2006, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Last night's 8-point!

congrats on your buck
your name says "yooper" so i'm assuming ur from the up but where abouts?

Old 11-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

NICE buck MIKE... Way to go...
Old 11-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I'm from the UP, Iron Mountain to be exact. I currently live in IL, but I am going to be home for gun season in the north country!
Old 11-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats Mike, I edited the post to show the picture. All you needed to do was copy and paste that URL to the image adding icon, it's th yellow postage looking tool on the right of the post tool bar, from the B I U.........A....... the yellow square. Just like adding the links by the globe/chain link icon there too.

I hope that helps, congrats again.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:32 AM

Congrats, great shot on a great buck!
Old 11-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Spike

Great Buck!! and nice shot even better since you arrow is still good!!! congrats.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

Nice buck!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Real nice, good work.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:22 AM

Congrats on the Buck!
Nice avatar too, got a good chuckle..NYD

Quick Reply: Last night's 8-point!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.