Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 laying a secnt trail >

laying a secnt trail

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

laying a secnt trail

Old 11-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Spike

Default RE: laying a secnt trail

I usually take some twine and a tampon (not a used one!) and tie it to the twine. I usually drag it about 8-10ft behind me. Can be a pain in the ass if it gets caught on a log or smothing like that. I will be going out on the 9th and will be using code blue doeesturus. I also pace out 10/20/30 yard trees to hang scent wicks (doe esturus) so inmy treestand i can use them as yardage guides too!
every 100 or so yards i stop and dribble a lil and reapply on the tampon...
I use tampons cause i dont have to pay for em... and they are sterile out of the package!
Good luck boys... let me know whats been working lately! I am a believer in code blue. Also, i ordered some of this stuff...
www.bordercrossinglabs.com
deer herd in a stick... i saw it on a hunting show and it looked interesting. There theory on deer scents... not enough deer in captivity to supplyenough esturous that is on the shelves. This place sells out after a while. Iam trying out the deer herd in a stick. SHould be here soon. Anyone use there products... ?
Old 11-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: pvdeerhunter42

the best way to do it is to start with hardly any scent on it and as you get closer to your stand apply more and more. this way the deer travel in your direction not the other way because it appears that the trail is getting hotter the closer the deer gets to you.
Great idea!
Old 11-04-2006, 02:03 PM

i was going to post this exact quesion swweeeettttttt