Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i hate tresspassers >

i hate tresspassers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i hate tresspassers

Old 11-03-2006, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default i hate tresspassers

This morning I got up this morning at about 6 and didn't get to my stand until about 25 minutes after light. Im walking down to my stand, everything looks good. I climb up into my stand and I see a guy dragging a buck off my property. I didn't really know what to do.So called my dad and he had his way with him. But it mad me so mad beacuse that could of been my buck.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: i hate tresspassers

Unbelieveable the nerve of some people. I woulda called the law and made a example out of this guy.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Please don't ever let this happen to me.

Tom
Old 11-03-2006, 06:36 AM

Dang! That sucks, did your dad go find the guy? Did he shoot it on your land or was he just retrieving it? I know it doesnt matter, he was still tresspassing, and even if he shot it on his property he should have asked to retrieve it. Was it a big buck? What did your dad do? Anyway sorry to hear that, its bad to have to deal with things like that.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:41 AM

Last Saturday at our lease my buddy sends me a text stating there were 3 tresspassers fishing at one of our ponds. I park on the road and my other buddy comes over on his 4 wheeler. He chases them and he gets stuck in the mud (pond was low and he sank good). I parked in the wrong spot and they crossed the road about 1/4 mile behind me I turned around but they got away.

About 1 hour later I was riding my quad by another pond only 200 yds from the first pond and spot a guy hiding under a tree. I go get my buddies and we see them high tailing it accross the pasture. We saw their car on the road and sent one guy in the woods and we went to the car. We found a fishing rod, tackle box and 3 lb largemouth in the ditch. They finally came out and names (via drivers licenses) and tag number was obtained. They were in their 20's and looked to be meth heads. They have gotten their 1 warning.

You cant keep everyone out but it sure pisses me off. Had a groundblind stolen last year. Never even got to sit in the damn thing.

I feel you pain. We also have alot of road hunters in the area.

KB
Old 11-03-2006, 07:10 AM
Spike

Slob hunters, that's what they are! A posted or fenced property is like a welcome mat for them. I don't have a problem if someone shoots a deer, it runs on my property, and they ask permission to retrieve the animal, but to just freely come and go as they please is just plain unethical. What's more ashame is the liability these so-called hunters incur to you as a property owner, if they get injured on your property. It is always a great move to be in constant contact with your local game wardern. I know in MO where I hunt, the MDC is very helpful with assisting private landowners. What ashame! I hope that your chances of getting a deer are not completely ruined.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about your trespaser. Hopefully he was just retrieving a deer that he shot on his own property. There will still always be something inside of you though that will sant to say that he shot it on your property.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

sorry to hear about that.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

it was a big 9 point, my dad went to the guy when he was putting the deer in his truck and told him if he ever saw him here again he would call the game commission or something like that
Old 11-03-2006, 09:17 AM
Spike

Hate to hear about that. But I know all too well how that goes. I have lost several hunting areas just because to many people tresspassing and I didn't want to get shot. One place was a tree farm that my dentist owned and me and my brother were the only ones to have permission to hunt. One day I was hunting on a hill side about 40 yards from 6 persimon trees when I heard what I thought was der coming up over the hill. So I got ready and sure enough two guys pop up over the hill and then start talking to me asking if I had permission and if I was the only one hunting there. I said yes I have permission and no my brother was hunting across the road. They then said well who are those three guys over there?? So I turn around and look over the hill and see three orange hats

So when my brother and I went back to the truck which was parked in the owners driveway we asked him again if anyone else was aloud to hunt there and he said no. We told him what happened and he said he wasn't going to do anything about it because he didn't want to cause any trouble so we just stoppedhunting there.

The weird thing is that a conservation officers property joined his and we think is was one hunting there!!

Quick Reply: i hate tresspassers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.