Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pa antler restrictions work! >

Pa antler restrictions work!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pa antler restrictions work!

Old 11-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Pa antler restrictions work!

As I stated in a previous post, today I saw 6 deer. Every one of them was a buck and all but one was a real shooter exceptfor a very wide 4pt! I'm OK with ARs, and I believe they do work.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:44 PM

Default RE: Pa antler restrictions work!

I agree.... I think they make hunting a better sport and more of a challenge. Ifthey grow BIGGER(RACK) they get wiser and makes it a little harder for us, but when that happens it makes it more enjoyable for all of us as a sport and as a trophy for your home or office. It almost makes the person remember it a little more and in many case put a little more meat on your table with bigger deer. Doesn't it get your blood flowing knowing that there is a 10 pointer out in the woods with your name on it ?3 to7 years ago, you were lucky to even see a spike.. SEE what I'm SAYING
Just my 2 cents..
Old 11-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish Michigan would do this. Right now we can shoot two bucks a year. You can shoot one "any size" buck and one with 4 or more points on one side. I say continue to let us shoot two bucks a year -as long as they are both8 points or bigger.

This state has some unbelievable habitat. If only we managed it properly we could have some great hunting.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

Agreed as a michigan hunter and liver, pa has as many almost and more hunters, as MI, we need this. but MI hunters (for the most part) are in a class of their own. laws would quickly take care of most of this problem ut not all.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Fork Horn

i like them but if your limited to only get out a few days a year i can see why some guys dont like it. i just shot a nice 9 pt the other night and in the last three days have seen at least 5 buck that would make 130-140 and one giant 10 that i really think would be 170s all of this right after i shot my 9pt that i dont think will make p&y does anyone know the smallest it can be is it 115 or 125 or ??
Old 11-03-2006, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like he AR for producing bigger bucks, but when you are shooting all the does and leave them little to breed it defeats the purpose to some extent. The AR was a good idea, but then PA turned around and made it easier to kill many more does.