Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buck scent - tarsal et all >

Buck scent - tarsal et all

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck scent - tarsal et all

Old 11-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Spike

Default Buck scent - tarsal et all

I have had limited success with scents over the years. In my mind, the jury is still out if they are effective in my area. Have any of you had success, or issues, using buck oriented scent (such as dominant buck, tarsal scent, etc..)

Just looking for a new edge of the next few days and would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2006, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Buck scent - tarsal et all

I use products from Wildlife Reshearch and I've had results with them but this year I added something diffrent to my arsenel.
It's called Deer Dander and its been on the market for awhile , when using this prouduct I sprayed it on my hunting clothes and boots.
It's a good cover and attractant sent that smells like deer , when I get close to my stand I'll spray some on the bottom of my boots and lay a trail around my stand.
This is a really good product , I had deer all around my stand and they didn't know I was there.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

I like useing tinks69 doe, i put it on a drag rage tie it to my boot and start heading to my stand then i'll hang it on a limb about 3 feet off the ground.make for a great hunt when they come in nose hits the ground and follows the scent trail.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

I've also made a mock scape then spray some Ben Lee dominant buck urine in it. come back 3-4 days later and the scrape is bigger than the one i made.