Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Seasons over best of luck to all >

Seasons over best of luck to all

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Seasons over best of luck to all

Old 11-02-2006, 11:57 AM

Default RE: Seasons over best of luck to all

I hope that all goes well with the surgery and you have a successful and speedy recovery. Hopefully, next year will be a good one and you will be able to enjoy it free from pain.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt,

My prayers are with you and yours in a speedy recovery. Years ago I broke my back in several places and spent a long time in the hospital. It was the good Lord and the whitetail that gave me hope..I wish you the best with the surgery and therapy and recovery there after.

Troy
Old 11-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rough dude. I hope it works out.

Tom
Old 11-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt try to keep your chin up. I know its hard right nowfacing surgery.
but you will be back hunting again in no time. My brother had back surgery a couple of yrs ago they a put a six inch steel rod in his back he thought he would never hunt again ether as of today he has taken 2 with his bow this yr.You will be back! God bless.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:03 PM

Wow---I really feel for you. I know that has to be a tough one. Iwill pray fro you and yours, and my sincerest hopes that this suregery will have you back in no time! I also hope that you can find some real peace and consolation through this time with some alternative focus.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:23 PM

Hey Matt,

I am right there with you buddy. I had surgery on my neck / spine back on Sept 14 th. I have yet to see a deer stand. It is a hard , hard , situation when deer season is all I have been waiting on all year. If I am lucky, my Doctors might let me gun hunt, but that is still iffy. After the surgery, I completely lost the use of my right arm for about 3 weeks. The Doc's don't know why, but they put me on large doses of steroids, which killed my immune system, and I wound up with pneumonia, which I am still trying to get over. I am now in physical therapy, and I have some limited use of my arm. But I know that God is the great healer, and He is taking care of me, and He will have me back inmy deer stand real soon.

Matt, I know He can take care of you too. I am sorry for your illness, and I will put you in my prayers. I pray for a complete and speedy recovery. Listen to the Doctors, and take real good care of yourself. Also, you may not be hunting anymore this season, but that doesn't mean you can't sign on and visit with everyone here at HNI. This site, and the people on it have been a Godsend to me during my recovery. I have spent countless hours on here everyday, learning and commenting and meeting new friends. So as soon as you feel up to it, come back and visit and let us know how you are.

Take care, and good luck.

God Bless

MichaelT.

Old 11-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for all the well wishes will jump on when I get out of the hospital and can work these keys. Thanks again!
Old 11-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

Yea best of luck matt my mom hasMS i hope everything works out you'll be in my prayers
Old 11-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had two back surgeries and a third is on the way. When I can't draw the compound I shoot a Xbow. Great way to stay in the game. Maybe needa special permit but you sure sound like you qualify. Neat thing about the Xbow is they work just fine out of a ground blind. Just do what it takes to stay in the woods. Yah gotta try and whack them one way or another.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:05 PM
Spike

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you. This hits close to home for me because my dad got cancer just when I really started to get into hunting and he was unable to go with me. But God gave him a good doctor and took the cancer away. He thinks he might go gun hunting this year, finally after six years. But God took care of him and I know he will take care of you. Look forward to hearing about all your hunting success in the futur.