Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What a Hunt!!!!!!!!! >

What a Hunt!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What a Hunt!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default What a Hunt!!!!!!!!!

Well today I spent all day in the woods and it paid off! I started out a bit late this morning so I decided to hunt from the ground. I hunkered down in a fallen tree on top of a hardwood ridge. It was pretty slow for a hour and a half, I stand up to get the blood moving in my feet, it was 23 degrees! I look over and see a deer on the ridge, its a buck at about 80 yards! He's kinda going the other direction so I hurry and hit the "can" once. He hears it and turns and starts to come my way, nose to the ground the whole time! h At one point he stands on his hind legs and starts sniffing this tree branch, which I thought was weird, he was way up there smelling! He starts again to go in the wrong direction and I hit the can twice, he turns and starts to come in from 35 yards to about 10. He went in this little kettle and when he came out I was at full draw and he was at 10 yards staring at me, I could hear him breathing Then he turns and bolts!!!! He was a decent 8 pointer! I was bumming but stoked at the same time!

In the afternoon I tried to get on some Turkeys but to no avail! Then tried to put the stalk on 3 deer, 1 big Doe with a couple of little ones, got busted at about 25 yards!

So I decide since its getting kinda late that I was going to go Hunt a tree that I usually hunt early in the season on a field edge! There were rubs and scrapes every where! The wind was howling for about 2 hours I even thought about getting down because it was getting kinda ridiculous! I decided to stay because the night before I came out early because the wind and the deer were already in the field. I stay, at about 4:25 I look over on the wood-line and notice a deers tail twitch, it's a doe. She starts down the trail right to the field in front of me. She's comes in perfect and before she gets into the field edge so I range her, 32 yards. I draw and she steps into the field but facing me. I am at full draw for like 4 or 5 minutes, I start shaking real bad and was about to let down when she take a step and turns broadside and I let the Slick Trick tipped Maxima fly and "whack" a bit forward behind the right shoulder and hits the left shoulder and she takes off like a banshee. I see the arrow still sticking out her side and she then breaks it off as she runs thru the tall grass. She drops within site, 79 yards from my stand!!!!!! I was stoked and still am!

I had to drag her out a LONG ways. I didn't gut her until I got back to the truck so I could use the headlights because of the broadhead still in her! The Slick Trick did some serious damage, broke her opposite shoulder and just broke the skin on her left side!

What a great day! Sorry for rambling but I just thought I share the hunt with you kind folks!!!!!

" />
Old 11-01-2006, 08:26 PM

Default RE: What a Hunt!!!!!!!!!

Very nice Doe. Congratulations!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great story and nice doe! Sounds like that can call worked for you on the buck.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great doe ,congrat's on her .

nubo
Old 11-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now thats a full day of hunting! Congrats on the nice Doe.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds fun, really nice deer to
Old 11-01-2006, 08:37 PM

man thats a big doe iwish my firstdeer can be like that
Old 11-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Site Buck Guru

Good one! That doe sure looks pretty big, did you weigh her?
Old 11-01-2006, 09:42 PM

That is one big healthy doe. She looks great.

Congrats to you ..... and may your success keep on going.

God Bless

Old 11-02-2006, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys, I didn't get a chance to weigh her. She's heavy thats for sure, I had to drag her forever! I was struggling, I'm seriously out of shape!! hahaha... I got her halfway back to the truck with my Bow & Lone Wolf and ended up making 2 trips!

Joe b!

Quick Reply: What a Hunt!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.