HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   How many bucks do you pass on? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/162809-how-many-bucks-do-you-pass.html)

NH306 11-01-2006 01:26 PM

RE: How many bucks do you pass on?

I'm from NH we pass on nothing! If it's brown it's down! It might be the only thing you see all year![8D]

GR8atta2d 11-01-2006 01:31 PM

Last 2 years..1 too many :D

I was eating tag soup looking for a buck that may not even exist anymore :(

But hopefully that will change this year. so far i've passed on a so-so 8 ptand several non-shooters small fork-horns small 6..

RTA47 11-01-2006 01:32 PM

I have passed on about 5 so far this yr the biggest being a small basket rack 8. I know there are better bucks in the area i hunt and the rut is just now starting to heat up.
Last yrin the same area i past on 10+ Before thanksgiving Ended up taking two decent bucks backto back saturdays nov-12 and nov-19
Hoping for the best this yr.

Legacy357 11-01-2006 01:35 PM

i have pasted on 14 bucks so far and about 5 button bucks....only had one shooter buck in range and I only nipped him[:@]

WakeCow 11-01-2006 01:43 PM

I passed on 6 or 7 can't remember b4 I took my 9 pointer.

FOP23 11-01-2006 01:47 PM

I've passed on five bucks this season in PA, 2 eights, a six, and 2 fours not legal by PA standards. With the season winding down, I won't be passing on many more.

thenuge15 11-01-2006 02:05 PM

I haven't even gotten the chance to go out yet this year!!! I've been stuck at college. But when I do go out I probably won't be passing doing to limited hunting opurtunites. I may pass a little spike but even that i can't gurantee. I'm only 19 and i've shot 5 bucks in my life. I've told myself once I get to 10 i'll start passing the 1.5 yrs olds but I dunno we'll see. I've only had 1 montster in shooting range in the 5 years i've hunted and i blew it.

RackLuster 11-01-2006 02:36 PM

one or two a year. i see more then i actually 'let go'. i took a doe that was with a 5 pointer on friday. i hope i don't regret that one. gun season starts this weekend, from then on everything is tough w/ a bow.

cmscat50 11-01-2006 02:40 PM

I've passed on more than 15 bucks this year with a bow. 2 of them are 120-130" deer. The funny thing is I've been bow hunting for 6 years and have never killed a buck. I'm only interested in BIG bucks...and does. I'veseen at least one shooter each year and have never been able to close the deal.

RDHunter 11-01-2006 02:56 PM

I've been passing on alot of small bucks in my area , I have this eight point rule that I won't break.
Everytime I'm in my stand I see deer all the time , I 'm not shooting doe's this close to the rut becauseI want them to lure a big buck in range.
The small bucks all the time are spikes and four pointers , I saw one six pointer with a big body but short tines.
With gun season coming just weeks away I might have to break that eight point rule of mine and settle for what I can get.