Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My feelings about taking pictures of deer and mounting them....(non judgemental) >

My feelings about taking pictures of deer and mounting them....(non judgemental)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My feelings about taking pictures of deer and mounting them....(non judgemental)

Old 10-31-2006, 08:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My feelings about taking pictures of deer and mounting them....(non judgemental)

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

To me it's just the opposite, it is the pinnacle of respect for an animal........preserving its memory forever to be shared by you , friends and family for generations to come.

Think of it this way, this is your chance to remember an animal that gave you alot. It gave you food, enjoyment in the outdoors and lasting memories, so honor that animal by capturing its image forever through a mount and photography.

You have a connection to that animal and its nothing to run and hide from. This is not an anonymous animal that became your Big Mac from McDonalds so take joy from the fact that you provided for yourself and share that experience.
Saved me some typing too.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: My feelings about taking pictures of deer and mounting them....(non judgemental)

Always follow your own convictions...if you feel it's wrong stick to your guns.
C7
Old 10-31-2006, 08:53 AM

IMO you should just do what feels right to you and the same goes with hunting for me period if your not comfortable doing something that takes some of the enjoyment out of it for me and im out there above all to enjoy myself.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:47 AM

I keep something from all of the deer I or my husband take. Even if it is just the metal tag we get. Like has already been said, it's about the memories, it's not a "look what I did thing", but everytime I look at the rack of my 7pt. (didn't mount, but kept the rack), I can replay the entire hunt back in my mind.

I also take pictures of every deer we take, for the same reason stated above. I don't care if it's a small doe or a button buck, or a "trophy buck". It gets it's picture taken. Every animal harvested is a trophy in my book, we even have a picture of the "birthday bunny" my husband shot while hunting in his dad's woods with his sister for the first time ever on December 27, 2004 (his 31st birthday). It's more a memory thing than anything.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:47 AM

I keep the cape from every single deer I kill, and eventually mount it. It never hurts for me to get more practice at taxidermy. I'm hoping to have a really big showroom with all my deer in it.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

thats pretty unussual, I have never heard of this situation, I personally think one should be proud... but thats just me i guess...interesting
Old 10-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Trophies give me the creeps personally , I'm strictly a meat hunter .
Old 10-31-2006, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have any bucks mounted simply because I don't want to get one mounted thats not a jaw dropper. I've got plenty of racks in my garage, and I always take lots of pics. I have seen people actually say "Why did you get THAT deer mounted??" Its insensitive and rude IMO. I'm all for getting them all mounted if you want, does included. I like to look at them, but for me, its going to have to be HUGE to get one mounted. I can take that $400 and buy something else, like a gun or bow.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

I respect your view and stating it. I like pictures because I look back on them with fond memories of how God blessed me that day and the experience I had with friends or family and the beautiful fall colors or snow. I think its all how you do it and what attitude you have.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:32 PM

I wish you would take pictures so we could see them.

Quick Reply: My feelings about taking pictures of deer and mounting them....(non judgemental)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.