Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

used tampons???

Old 10-31-2006, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: used tampons???

ORIGINAL: rookiebowhuntr_PA

Alright guys my wife was talking with one of her girlfriends today about hunting. The girlfriend said that she heard a used tampon was a good attractantfor getting bucks to come in and that one of friends harvested a nice buck using this. He warmed the tampon in the microwave and then he put it in a baggie. Then opened it when he got in the woods.
Is this just a wives tale or have you heard of using a used tampon in any way to attract deer? I think if anything the deer would come out of curiosity? What do you all think? Sorry for the graphic nature but i just had to ask!
I think there has been a huge misunderstanding here. I really really hope for your friends sake that he didn't use a "used tampon" but rather used a tampon for a dragline. It works a lot like a scent wick. If not, that dude has some serious problems and needs to do more scouting and less... other stuff. Don't those get flushed and not put in the trash anyway?
Old 10-31-2006, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ROTFLMAO...*smacking my desk* OMG! This is too much! My ribs! My ribs!

Hey, if any of you guys want to take me hunting, I start my cycle on the 5th! Look out rut! Here we come!!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

Dude I won't even buy them for my wife at the grocery store - much less dig the used ones out of the trash - I am deeply disturbed in so many ways by this thread!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heres all you need to know.
Opening day of rifle season in 2002 this buck of which I hunted all bow season came in to it. Never told anyone how i got him to come in untill now. There ya go. He didnt only come in he came trotting in and walked right to it. and stood there smelling it.

ORIGINAL: rookiebowhuntr_PA

sorry guys and girls about double posting. I have not been on that much and must have missed the other post. Me and my wife are cracking up reading what everyone said.
hey Wis hunter you said it worked. You tried it? Give us some more details and a picture of the deer you got using this technique!

Old 10-31-2006, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

That's about the tenth time I've seen that picture in different threads, sounds/looks like you used every tactic in the book to nail him
Old 10-31-2006, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ohh be a man come on.....I dont have any problems getting them for my wife. And instead of having to pick them oput of the garbage, just have her stick them in a ziplock bag. I wear nylon gloves before digging around in the bag though as not to contaminate the scent nor my hands lol.

ORIGINAL: pastorkhris

Dude I won't even buy them for my wife at the grocery store - much less dig the used ones out of the trash - I am deeply disturbed in so many ways by this thread!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:30 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Ohh be a man come on.....I dont have any problems getting them for my wife. And instead of having to pick them oput of the garbage, just have her stick them in a ziplock bag. I wear nylon gloves before digging around in the bag though as not to contaminate the scent nor my hands lol.

Did you put them in the microwave? Or just open the baggie when in the woods?
Old 10-31-2006, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea I have posted this pic before but never said anythign about how i got him other than i hunted him all bow season with being offered a shot. That was the first year i tried the tampon theory. He came in stood in the brush that I hung a tampon on in and stood there smelling it. Bang he was dead. No I didnt nuke em first. lol. I think they woudl catch fire, ill have to see if theres a way to use new ones as hand warmers though now, thanks.

[quote]ORIGINAL: rookiebowhuntr_PA

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Did you put them in the microwave? Or just open the baggie when in the woods?
Old 10-31-2006, 09:40 AM

Sheesh.... Monie, I am LMAO at you! I guess since I'm pregnant this year, the chances of me getting a big buck are next to nil. [8D]

Wonder if they are attracted to ALREADY pregnant women... Hmmmm... I sure have seen a ton of bucks this year and only one doe. lol I have an overabundance of femalehormones right now considering I have a little female growin' inside me too!

Wonder if you could just throw them in a baggie with a warm pack instead of throwing them in the micro? I ain't gonna try it, but I was just throwing other options out for those brave souls who would like to try this approach.

And I don't throw 'em in the garbage for the same reason someone already posted, I have a trash diggin' lab too. He already has pulled the underwear out of the dirty laundry as a pup and carried them out in front of company. No tellin' HOW many pairs he ate so far. Little brat! LOL Oh well, I love him anyway.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh gosh!!! This is funny stuff!! Now all that some of you females need is a turkey baster and you can bottle the stuff for money!!! lol

Quick Reply: used tampons???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.