Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Let the BowTech sing and I'm done in PA!  Pics! >

Let the BowTech sing and I'm done in PA! Pics!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let the BowTech sing and I'm done in PA! Pics!

Old 10-30-2006, 10:03 AM

Default Let the BowTech sing and I'm done in PA! Pics!

Hey guys, thats right, I am out of my slump and tagged out in PA this morning.

The story starts last night, I was getting ready for bed when my cell phone rang, it was my girlfriend with some bad news. She tripped on the un-even sidewalk that we have in town and fell, she ended up fracturing her leg in three spots and she tore the ligaments (sp?) in her leg. She is in a cast and on crutches for atleast 4 weeks. She asked me if I could stay with her and help her out for the next couple weeks until she can get up and move around a little better. She was home and in bed at this point so I decided to stay home and go hunting this morning.

I got in my stand at 5:30 a.m. and waited for the morning to begin. I must admit that I really wasn't focused on hunting and my mind kept thinking about her and I decided that if I was given a chance at a legal buck I was gonna take it so I could help take care of her for the next few weeks.

Things started off slow, very slow. The temp was 29 degrees with a slight wind from the south west, the perfect scenario, but by 8:00 a.m. I still hadn't seen a deer and the coffee I had this morning was starting to catch up to me. At 8:30 a.m. I decided to climb down out of my stand and answer mother natures call as I was gonna relocate to a different stand. As I am taking a leak I hear crunching behind me and I turn to see a buck walking the creek bed behind me at less than 10 yards. I stayed still and he passed down and into the brush. I finished up and gathered my gear. As I am getting ready to leave I look and see the same buck has circled and he is now comming straight at me at 30 yards. I couldn't believe what was going on, I was standing in the wide open with nothing between him and I, I simply had a few small saplings behind me that I figure helped break my outline up. As he is closing the distance I draw my bow back. He gets to 12 yards and turns to my right but I still didn't have a shot, I held my bow back for what seemed like an eternity and he finally turned back to my left and gave me a 13 yard quartering away shot. I settled the pin a little behind his shoulder and touched the release and I watched my Rocky Mt Snyper tipped Sattelite Platinum arrow sink right where I wanted it to. The buck took off and within a few seconds I heard him crash. I gave it half an hour and went to look for my arrow, it had blew through him and was laying nearly 20 yards behind where the buck was standing. The blood trail was immediate, from the spot where I shot the buck to where I found him was a solid trail of bright red blood with bubbles in it. He only made it about 65 yards before pilling up at the edge of a golden rod field (made for a very nice drag 30 yards to the truck )

Well, he ended up being a small 6 point (4X2). I actually got a picture of him on my Cuddeback as he was walking in to me this morning which makes the whole hunt that much better. He was also my first buck with a bow from the ground.

I am hoping to score him this evening and I will enter him then, but here are the pics!

Old 10-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Let the BowTech sing and I'm done in PA! Pics!

Nice Buck, he sure does have a big body!
Old 10-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about yor GF. But Congrats on the buck Jason! Nice Story and Pics!
Old 10-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mag,

Congrats on the buck!
Old 10-30-2006, 10:39 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the buck!! Sorry about your girlfriend
Old 10-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on taking one from the ground!!! It's tougher than people think.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great buck.. Sounds like an intense few moments there. Congrats. Nice looking buck. Big ol' body on him. Nice pics too.
Nice work!
Old 10-30-2006, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats
Old 10-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the buck Magnet...lol You have been in a slump and now you broke it. Hopefully you'll continue to have success capturing those big boys on camera throughout the seasons and know they're still there for next season. Our one buck tag state is rough on us. I look forward to entering him. Good job.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:07 AM

Nice buck.
The rack looks almost identical to the buck that I took earlier this fall.

Quick Reply: Let the BowTech sing and I'm done in PA! Pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.