Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 public land with stands >

public land with stands

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

public land with stands

Old 10-29-2006, 09:15 PM

Default RE: public land with stands

UUHHHMM if its in public, as the word says public.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know I saw it somewhere, a sign/or in the regs, about if you leave a stand on certain public land it's considered public property.

I really wish they would ban all permanent stands on public land. I'm sick of not knowing where other people have 'staked out'. if i get to a spot an hour before shooting and I don't notice someone put up a stand 30 yards away (because it's pitch black), what happens when that guy shows up right before legal shooting? take all that claiming away and everyone would have a fair chance. remember, this is public land (like the last post says).

I'm all for getting there early and picking my spot.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:23 PM

even if some one diddn't have a fixed position standset up that was 30 yards from you what makes you think they won't come in and climb with there portable?

I have a lone wolf sit and climb, it is quiet.

My ga hunting regs say that treestands must be portable and removed by twelve noon the day following the hunt. It dosen't say anything about before the hunt. I recomend you look up your state regs online.

The game warden said that they walk around during turkey season and take down all the stands left up, except for the ones that look like might kill them before they could get it down.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

A friend of mine asked me this same question about 4 years ago, So I asked him how he would like it if he got back out to his truck and the hunter who's stand he was sitting in, was sitting inyour truck, listening toyour radio, and looking at the naked pictures of your wife you keep in the glove box? He said how did you know I keep naked pictures ofHer in my glove box? I told him because thats the kind of guy that would sit in someone elses stand! "We all got a good laugh out of it in camp".
Old 10-30-2006, 04:10 PM

i posted earlier and said it is public land why not but if it is like a permint stand and he isnt hunting in it why not clim in it an hunt but if it is a removeable store bought stand that he will take down when he is done hunting stay out of it
Old 10-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

you do not sit in someone elses stand....period the end.....it is not yours nore to you have permission to sit in it whether on public land or not...just because it is public land doesn't mean someone doesn't own it..it is owned by the goverment......

i like the example of sitting in the buddies truck.........if you drive and park your vehicle in a public area....does that give me the right you take it out for a drive??? why not, that is what it was made for and if you sit in a tree stand that is what it was made for, so i should be able to take your truck out for a drive if you leave it parked on public land.....NO!! that would get me shoot...........so stay out of others treestands...........i tell you what, i had my stand stolen this year (on public land) and if i would have caught the guy sitting in it the morning i went out and it was gun...it would not have been nice and would have probably ended up like the incident in Wisconsin.......

best advice......stay out of someone elses tree stand!
Old 10-30-2006, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the advice guys .As turns out it looks like I'm not going to have the time to hunt this area anyway .comes this weekend i have private land i can go to .I think I'll take most of what people are saying and bring my climber in ifi run across this again . I don't need a confrontation in the woods . I probably won't call the environmental police even though its a permanent stand with screw in steps that are illegal on state land because they damage the tree. Like others have said you are not suppose to lay claim to an area with a stand . Ionce used my climber on state land and when i got up to the height i wanted i found a bow hook screwed into the treethat someone used before . I just hunted out of that tree for the day i figured they don't own the tree.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

i tell you what, i had my stand stolen this year (on public land) and if i would have caught the guy sitting in it the morning i went out and it was gun...it would not have been nice and would have probably ended up like the incident in Wisconsin.......
wow.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeppers WOW! doesn't even begin to explain my feelings of people who steal or tamper with other peoples stuff.....having your car messed with many times over because of the neighborhood you live in, then having someone still my stand within two days of me being in it (went out thursday it was there...saturday it was gone) in an area that is no vehicles allowed and i could see he/she had driven all over the F&G land then stole my stand really burns me.......guess if it boiled down to it i am usually a coward, but helps to vent about it on the forum......
Old 10-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK. I read my regulations. Page 111 of Minnesota hunting regulations, this is in regards to state forests:
• Any unoccupied stand or blind on public land is public and not the
property of the person who constructed the stand.

Quick Reply: public land with stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.