Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Take a breath...please >

Take a breath...please

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Take a breath...please

Old 10-29-2006, 06:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default Take a breath...please

I have a simple request that won't apply to a vast majority of the folks that post here, but for those who it does apply too, please give it a try.
The simple request is this....use punctuation. I'm not asking for perfect spelling or grammar (honestly, my spelling sucks), but a period and/or comma every now and then really helps make a long post easier to read. I have read posts on here that are 3 paragraphs long with not a single period. After re-reading them to figure out what was being said they are often very good thoughts, but very hard to get to the bottom of.
I'm not trying to offend anyone, so please don't be.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Take a breath...please

I second that motion!
Old 10-29-2006, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

Thank you for posting that. I feel the same way.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:44 AM

I agree, it does get hard to read. Also, when you change thoughts, type a period, then hit "enter" a time or twoand start a new paragraph.

I am a long poster myself, so I understand what it's like when you have a lot to say, but I do know that there are some longer posts I skip over because it is all one big, long paragraph.

It really does make for easier reading. Like was said, so many people have so many valuable things to add to the conversation, but without punctuation and paragraphs, a reader gets lost very easily.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

I try ,but english&composition classes in school where not my strong points.I wish I would have done better way back then ,and paid more attention.I like writing now ,yet I know I don't punctuate very good.[:@]

Buck Huntin Girl Thank's for the "enter" tip I apreciate it.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am a long poster myself, so I understand what it's like when you have a lot to say
Really?
Old 10-29-2006, 07:42 AM

I think I understand what you are saying you are saying that by not using punctuation it makes a post harder to read then when pictures are added it really gets confusing because there is no comma or period between the pictures and it's hard to determine where one picture stops and the other starts it's like the other day I was reading a book and was like hey what are all these dots doing in this paragraph I never understood why there were there but I think maybe I do now then I logged on here and boom there were all those confusing dots again ok now I am really confused good luck hunting everyone the rut is kicking in and it should be getting good out there has anyone seen any turkeys or shot one with their bow this year and what is the best height to set my stand or should I hunt from the ground for turkeys I mean because I already know I have to be 100 feet in the air just to see a deer no I mean a mature buck

Old 10-29-2006, 07:45 AM

I have a whole lot less to say than it looks like in my posts, ( LOL ) , but I do try to use punctuation correctly. Now I am working on making my thoughts more consice. I talk ( type ) too much, and heck , I even know I am not that interesting of a person. How could I have that much to say.

God bless, and pass the deer steak

Old 10-29-2006, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I think I understand what you are saying you are saying that by not using punctuation it makes a post harder to read then when pictures are added it really gets confusing because there is no comma or period between the pictures and it's hard to determine where one picture stops and the other starts it's like the other day I was reading a book and was like hey what are all these dots doing in this paragraph I never understood why there were there but I think maybe I do now then I logged on here and boom there were all those confusing dots again ok now I am really confused good luck hunting everyone the rut is kicking in and it should be getting good out there has anyone seen any turkeys or shot one with their bow this year and what is the best height to set my stand or should I hunt from the ground for turkeys I mean because I already know I have to be 100 feet in the air just to see a deer no I mean a mature buck

How did I know what your post was going to be before I actually read it?

Old 10-29-2006, 07:54 AM

You're just clairvoyant (sp?) I suppose.....

Quick Reply: Take a breath...please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.