Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 are the big bucks chasing yet? >

are the big bucks chasing yet?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

are the big bucks chasing yet?

Old 10-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default are the big bucks chasing yet?

i was out this morning and had 2 small bucks chasing does like crazy all morning. They were grunting like every 5 steps and they came through 7 different times. I was just wondering if anybody has seen big bucks chasing yet? If not how long b4 they will start?
Old 10-28-2006, 10:10 PM

Default RE: are the big bucks chasing yet?

Had the same thing today in Iowa, all to small though I bet by next weekend you will be seeing the big boys, I have my best luck the first week in Nov.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:13 PM

Those young bucks are becoming overwhelmed w/ the testosterone in their systems. They are like a high school boy chasing around the cheerleaders. The does aren't ready to breed, but the young bucks just can't help it. That's why hot doe pee is perfect right now.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted every day since October 20th until yesterday and haven't seen any rutting activity yet. My guess is it will start to really pick up by the end of this week. I'll be back out there this weekend.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:06 AM

I agree, it should be kicking into overdrive as the week goes on. Field and Stream has predicted the 4th to be the best day of the fall to be in the woods.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I agree, it should be kicking into overdrive as the week goes on. Field and Stream has predicted the 4th to be the best day of the fall to be in the woods.
Excellent, my McAlester hunt starts on the 3rd and goes through the 5th
Old 10-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

They are in SE MN. Yesterday morning and this morning i have had 2 125- 130 class bucks chasing does past my stand, unfortunately both out of range, I've done everythnig in my power to get them closer but they have something else on their minds.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:20 AM

i have hunted 3 of the past 4 days. i can say in my part of central illinois they are not chasing yet. the small bucks are moving more, but we are just not quite there yet. yesterday evening i had a deoy set up as buck. 5 pt came in to the decoy, but paid no attention to 20 some does in the feild 75 yds away
Old 10-29-2006, 10:03 AM

I'm still seeing pre-rut activity. Lots of rubs and scrapes, bucks are out and about, big ones too.... Thursday morning as I was walking to where my buddy shot his 8pt, I walked up to my buddy stand and there was a giant with a doe directly under it. He spotted me from about 30 yards and took off across the field with the doe in front of him. Didn't seem to be chasing, though, no nose down, sniffin' it out stuff...

Friday morning saw more bucks in an hour than I have seen all year, every single one of them was a wallhanger except the first one that I couldn't draw on. (long story, I already posted it, it actually ended up being quite hilarious) In the hour and a half we sat out there, we saw 6 enormous bucks. I think they are starting to scope out the areas, but not doing any chasing yet.

One word of advice, RATTLE. RATTLE. RATTLE!!! Rattling is kickin' 'em up right now. Had about a 150-160 class turn on a dime from 80 yards and come into shooting range, sadly, I shot right under him at 30 yards.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:33 PM

PA thier chaseing hard.:last week in PHLIA area there were 25 deer hit by cars in one week. I also watched them chaseing the doe's in the Pocono area,but the does dident want anything to do with it.
In S.Jersey theres no chaseing going on that I have seen.Scrapes and rubs started showing up last week

Quick Reply: are the big bucks chasing yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.