Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 windy weather, argggg! >

windy weather, argggg!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

windy weather, argggg!

Old 10-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Spike

Default windy weather, argggg!

the stupid wind has been way over 10mph all week. will the deer still not move much and be skittish? Or will they get used to it resume their daily routines?
Old 10-28-2006, 07:16 PM

Default RE: windy weather, argggg!

I've found that 10 and under doens't affect them much. They still gotta eat and do their thing though.

We had winds in the 20-30 mph range today.....Man...my tree was like a rocking chair..... Can you believe, I didn't see any?? [8D]
Old 10-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have been out about 20 some times this year so far, and I think the wind has been in the double digits every time, its getting old real fast! On the up side, I am starting to see a few more deer than I had been.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

10mph and less doesent bother them, i had 25-30 mph winds 2 day and saw absolutly squat
Old 10-28-2006, 07:21 PM

If you are going to hunt in that kind of wind, then you need to be sure you have practiced A LOT in that kind of wind. If you don't know how to shoot at90 deg. angles yet.......get your butt outside and practice some more. ....LOL

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

good hunting and God bless..
Old 10-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

this wind is endless
Old 10-28-2006, 07:38 PM

When the wind is up I just hunt bottoms they like to get down there and stay out of the wind.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

i was hunting today and was fine till like 10:30a.m. i heard thunder so i started to pack up by the time i was half way down the tree it started to get windy and then it went crazyat least 30-40 mph wind and hail the size of acorns i got back to the car and waited till it got clear again it was 12:00 p.m by that time so i started back in then i noticed the dark sky again so i grabed my stand i left there from the first storm off the tree and started to tie it up so i could leave when all of a sudding it started to hail again the wind picked up to like 50 mph and blew down an 18-24 inch ,20 foot high oak tree right it to me it hit me in the shoulder and hipcausing me to fall and when i fell the tree landed on my foot hard well i layed there for like 15 mins so i could figure out how the heck i was gonna get this tree off my foot well i had no choice but to try to roll it off and it worked i grabed my stuff and crawled out of the wood threw all my gear in the car and drove home still in my camo when i got home i took off the boot and my foot was swollen so i put ice on it and it didnt help so i went to the e.r.and had it looked at hey said it was only a sever sprain and sent me on my way i still cant walk and it hurts like he** but at least im not dead

mike
Old 10-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

i sat today in 20 to 30 MPH wind (rifle) saw 10 deer 3 bucks one shooter at dark best day in nc i have had this year saw more bucks so far than i did all year last year
Old 10-28-2006, 08:45 PM

I know its been said already, but when it is windy find a hot trail in the bottoms and enjoy. We had 25mph winds with gust to 35 today. I saw one doe. But she was fat hog and she sure is dead.

Quick Reply: windy weather, argggg!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.