Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hardcore takes a nice buck!! >

Hardcore takes a nice buck!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hardcore takes a nice buck!!

Old 10-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Banned

Default Hardcore takes a nice buck!!

I set up my Lone Wolf Alpha hangon and climbing sticks at 5:15 pm tonite. At 6:00 I did some light grunting with a Primos rubberneck grunt call followed up by a Hunter's Specialties Adult doe estrus bleat can call. Within minutes this guy showed up at 60 yds away. The wind was out of the west and I was in a creek bottom that ran north and south. South of me 60 yds was a hayfield that does love to graze in. I was on the east side of the bottom and the buck came from the north and on the west side of the ravine and creek bottom. His scent was blowing towards me as I was east of him. He paused for 10 minutes just trying to find the source of the calls. He started working his way south and moving away from me so I grunted a couple of light grunts and he stopped and I carefully got my estrus can call and gave it one full turn. I turned my bowmounted camcorder on and he proceeded south and when he was at the end of the draw he turned and headed east with his wind at his back and his scent blowing to me. He stopped at 25 yds slightly quartering towards me. His head went behind a tree and I drew and as he came another two yds he stopped perfectly broadside. My arrow double lunged him and he ran off and I heard him collapse 45 yds away.
I tell you this was a blessing as I have not had any time to hunt this year as my wife had some elective surgery and my business has us buried. We have an out of state wedding to go to on the 1st weekend in November, a remodel job to finish off and many other irons in the fire. This was only my 6th hunt of the year. Now I can take some time to get ready for winter and relax and just doe hunt now. Thanks God. HCH.... Harvested with a Hoyt Trykon XT, Easton A/C/C arrows, Muzzy 100 gr. 3 blade broadhead,and Trophy Taker drop away. For you camo junkies; I was wearing Predator pants with a Realtree Hardwoods hooded sweatshirt. P.S. Can you tell which arrow took him in that bottom photo?

Old 10-27-2006, 09:12 PM

Default RE: Hardcore takes a nice buck!!

Dude, that is one FINE buck!!! Congrats to you!!

That time of year is upon us!! The woods sure are an exciting place to be right now!!
Old 10-27-2006, 09:14 PM

beauty of a buck there...I am also not getting out much this year as my wife and I just had our second child 8 weeks ago. So i know your pain. Tommorow morning will also be my 6th hunt, i hope it turns out half as good as yours
Old 10-27-2006, 09:18 PM

Congratulations HCH, Very nice buck!
Old 10-27-2006, 09:18 PM

That there is one fine looking animal.
Congrats, and nice camo. The Deception seems to have done you well!
Old 10-27-2006, 09:19 PM

Congrats HCH, he is a brute. How wide is he? It looks like he is about 24" wide or so! Congrats and I hope the wife is fine.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great buck, congrats bud, and man look at that tip to tip spread, geeezzsh. Great play by play in the story and really good pictures. Ya just couldn't wait could ya, the jacket is on it's way...lol

Like I said in many replies, it's getting interesting now and the bucks are starting to show up in these posts. Great job again HCH.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:22 PM

hey HCH,

congrats, congrats, congrats, man. thats a great buck. Looks like a heavy deer. Man that thing sure is nice.

Great story too.

Good hunting and be safe

God Bless

Old 10-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Real nice buck Hardcore. Sounds like you pulled him in on a string. Congradulations.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

nice deer and i have the same lone wolf set up. good luck to me

Quick Reply: Hardcore takes a nice buck!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.