Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why bait?

Old 10-31-2006, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Why bait?

I wish baiting was as easy as those who've never done it seem to think. It doesn't mean you will have deer automatically come in to be shot. Nor does it mean you can put no effort and be successful. You still have to be scent conscience, have the right spot with a stand and shooting lanes. It's no different than hunting natural food sources or any other place deer frequent. With the limited availability of hunting land nowadays, you may not have the natural resources or environment to work with. All you are doing is creating an additional source the deer have available. How well it works or doesn't will depend on how well you set it up and utilize it. As far as transmitting disease, baiting is legal in Texas and quite widely used by all hunters on the largest wt deer population in the world and there has been no positive tests since testing began in 2002. ITS LEGAL AND NOT UNETHICAL. Pretty simple. If its legal where you hunt, try it and post your pics of your 160 class brute that just walked in and gave you that easy shot from 10 yards.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

The thing is.....YOU show no respect. You only condescend and condemn.

I'll stand on my post.
Jeff, please tell me how I show no respect. Not getting it.

And I stand by what I've said, whether, you or anyone else like it. It's freedom of speech.

I'm not go to be judgemental for what everyone's opinion is on this forum subject. Just because someone doesn't agree with me or thinks they know me and judge me, anyone that knows me, knows me as a pure sportsman with the most respect for the woods and other hunters. I'm guessing most the hunter's that posted on the subject are the same way, very respectable outdoors man.

But what is said, is said.I said and I'm done.Think want you want of me, post your opinions because that's your given right. Not taking thataway. Will not hold any grudges here over an argument in a forum.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Jeff, please tell me how I show no respect. Not getting it.
Because you tell anyone that hunts over bait that they are inferior hunters. You have NO IDEA of the extent of anyone on this site's hunting abilities OR ethics. You come across as a sarcastic kid that stuck his teenage foot in his mouth. (Oh yeah...and I mean NO disrespect by that.............isn't that how it works???)

And I stand by what I've said, whether, you or anyone else like it. It's freedomJust because someone doesn't agree with me or thinks they know me and judge me, anyone that knows me, knows me as a pure sportsman with the most respect for the woods and other hunters. I'm guessing most the hunter's that posted on the subject are the same way, very respectable outdoors man.

But what is said, is said.I said and I'm done.Think want you want of me, post your opinions because that's your given right. Not taking thataway. Will not hold any grudges here over an argument in a forum.
of speech.
I'll give you credit....if you stand by your words....I respect that. BUT.....don't mince your meaning. You know EXACTLY what you meant to say.....and the meaning was CRYSTAL.

I'm not go to be judgemental for what everyone's opinion is on this forum subject.
Too late for that stance, now, don't ya think??????

Just because someone doesn't agree with me or thinks they know me and judge me, anyone that knows me, knows me as a pure sportsman with the most respect for the woods and other hunters. I'm guessing most the hunter's that posted on the subject are the same way, very respectable outdoors man.

I don't hold any grudges, either. I think you stuck your foot in your mouth.....you smoothed it over the best you knew/know how......and I'm done, too.

Jeff

Old 11-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Because it's legal where I live and I can. I don't you or anyone else an explanation other than that. I could care les about what you think of me or any other hunter that hunts over bait.

And you're kidding yourself if you think that you will magically kill tons of deer if you bait. I've been on my current lease for 2 years and I just recenty killed my first deer on it. Deer aren't stupid and don't always come to bait like a bunch of zombies like some people believe.

If you choose not to bait, that's fine. But don't accuse me of being an inferior hunter because I choose to. You know nothing about me.

PETA sits back and looks at things like this and just laughs. The difference between them and us as hunters is that they stand on a united frontagainst ALL of us but we can't stop arguing amongst one another to do the same thing. Maybe they are smarter than we are.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:53 AM

So , what do we do to other hunters when we find out they have taken a marginal shot, on a very small deer, with a crossbow, from a stand placed on a property line, facing someone else's land, in an area baited with corn, right at last light, and they didn't really look for the deer, and didn't tear up one of their tags?

Hang em' --- hang em' high,,,,,