HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   ? about guts , I found inside my deer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/16193-about-guts-i-found-inside-my-deer.html)

jevan 11-15-2002 11:16 AM

? about guts , I found inside my deer

while I was dressing my 9 point I shot friday , as I opened the upper chest cavity I found and cut opened a sack about the size of a baseball clear in color and full of fluid like water. it was above the diaphraim in the boiler room. I have never seen anything like this before, what is it? p.s. I am almost sure it was above the diaphraim if it wasn`t it was right next to it..

Evan
Archery Accessories
301-872-0110

rockytop 11-15-2002 11:27 AM

RE: ? about guts , I found inside my deer

Sounds like a misplaced bladder other than that, I don't know.

THWACK 11-15-2002 11:32 AM

could it be a cyst of some kind. I agree, it sounds like a bladder.

THWACK!

jevan 11-15-2002 11:37 AM

u know I didn`t take the blatter out of it because I could not get my knife thru the pelvis bone, I could not see it either, every deer I have killed it could get to the bladded real easy and it was under the pelvis. but this was the biggest deer I have taken so far 155 dressed,

Evan
Archery Accessories
301-872-0110

mez 11-15-2002 11:49 AM

It is a cyst of some sort. Probably present since birth. Can you be a little more specific as to where it was located. Above the diaphragm, was it suspended from the spinal column? As long as the fluid was clear it is nothing to worry about. There is a form of tapeworm that will form what is called a hydatid cyst, this parasite need sheep as an intermediate host and the cysts are usually found in the lungs of carnivores. I'm not aware of them being in deer. Even if that is the case the meat is still good, just cook it thouroughly.

jevan 11-15-2002 11:53 AM

mez, it was located in the belly right at the last rib area

Evan
Archery Accessories
301-872-0110

jevan 11-15-2002 11:54 AM

forget to add , it had no smell at all. because as it was draining out I placed my blade under and held it to my nose

Evan
Archery Accessories
301-872-0110

mez 11-15-2002 12:03 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
mez, it was located in the belly right at the last rib area
It would just be a cyst. Probably due to an old injury. Should not be anything to worry about. If it were a hydatid cyst, should be attatched to the liver or a lung.
Evan
Archery Accessories
301-872-0110

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

RoMeO18 11-15-2002 05:39 PM

Hey...Evan...Nice Name....Evan J Eh?....
Well..My Name Is Evan J Too...Evan Julian Actually..
Nice To See Someone With The Same Initials