Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Spotlighting Opinion >

Spotlighting Opinion

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spotlighting Opinion

Old 10-27-2006, 12:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default Spotlighting Opinion

I spotlight quite often. I think it gives me an oppurtunity to see deer that I might not see while hunting. Especially before the rut really kicks in.

I know some people are against it, so I was just wanting everyone's opinion. And yea, I know it's not legal in every state, but it is here in Indiana.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spotlighting Opinion

My buddy and I do it. It's a good way to see where deer currently are.

I'd like to add, spotlighting islegal here, only if you are not carrying any sort of weapon while doing it.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:48 AM

It is not really legal here, but you don't get hasseled as long as you don't have a weapon with you. I have done it in the past, but I don't really now, because it doesn't tell me any more than my 3 cameras I have out on my lease.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:36 AM

i wouldn't think that people would really be against it unless you are going out with a rifle or bow and getting your deer after dark.

I love spotlighting, especially during the rut where you canthe types of bucks in your area (size wise) and the stages of the rut. Chasing, fighting etc. It s great.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

I spotlight every now and then. I like seeing the monsters that are lurking at night. I don't think anyone has a problem with it. I just try not to send a 4 million candle beam of light through someones living room [:-].
Old 10-27-2006, 07:43 AM

In pa, once the season starts, I don't think you are allowed spotlight anymore. I love to do it in the summer though....and I have seen some MONSTERS including a 18-20 point buck bedded 20 yards off of a well traveled road!
Old 10-27-2006, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

IM not against it at all. Hey its just like hunting. BUT without a gun or bow. I just went out lastnight with my mom and i had a hell of a time! But i dont shine my 4million candle light threw the windows either lol. That would be pretty bright i would think...
Old 10-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's legal in PA until 11 P.M., and I do go spotting really often, but I wish it was illegal - it would ease up the hunting pressure on certain woodlots that are known to harbor a big buck or two, and it would curb a lot of poaching.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

my buddies and i go shining (we don't call it spotlighting) in wisconsin all summer and into the fall..once bow-season opens you can only shine until 10 p.m. obviously it's legal in wisconsin and i don't see any reason it should be outlawed like it is in some states.. it's simply a fun way to see a lot of big bucks that you don't have a chance of hunting
Old 10-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a flash light all the time to scan fields and wood lines. I've never shot a deer under false light. I just do it to see where they're hanging out and see what the rut is looking like. I shine a light all over. Even in areas I never hunt. But, in VA you can't have a weapon in your vehicle or it is illegal. So I mostly do it on the way to and from work.

Quick Reply: Spotlighting Opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.