Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hit one gotta wait till mornin!! >

hit one gotta wait till mornin!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hit one gotta wait till mornin!!

Old 10-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: hit one gotta wait till mornin!!

He's dead, I'd go back out and get him. How are the coyote situation in the area. How's the property owner, think they'd go...I'd go get him.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm wondering if the deer was hit in the base of the neck. Earlier this season i helped a friend trail a doe with a blood trail very similar to that, there was blood everywhere just like in those pictures for roughly 500 yards into the middle of an open field, it just stops. We spent 2 days searching all the surrounding woods to no avail...
Old 10-28-2006, 12:59 AM

Good luck, hopefully what happened to me doesn't happen to you. I waited until the next morning to track my deer. I figured go out with two buddies and find it. Well that night it rained so hard the next morning was a swamp. The blood trail was gone. We found it, it took us two hours. Nice 6pter. I couldn't believe it..keep us posted..
Old 10-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

i didnt want to say anything before reading the other posts to see if you got him but...my buddy hit a deer with similar blood trail...it looked like everytime the deer exhalled it sprayed blood everywhere, that same bright red watery blood and we tracked and tracked for hours on our hands and knees and the trail stopped...i believe that was a flesh wound...your deer probably clotted up before it could have bled to death....I'm no expert by any means so Id keep looking but if he made it through the night and ran from you, id say he's ok
Old 10-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

wow..that is a big time bummer...I thought for sure you would find him. It is crazy the will that these animals have to live.