Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot One Tonight HELP CANT FIND >

Shot One Tonight HELP CANT FIND

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot One Tonight HELP CANT FIND

Old 10-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Shot One Tonight HELP CANT FIND

went this afternoon and it was great somewhat you will see why 6:00 see 2 does in the distance feeding on soy that has just been cut today then crack to my left one no two 3-4 more does come out to the field to eat then one more but wait it's a buck yes it's the 7pt that I have a picture of I try a doe bleat to get it to come closer it looks around then turns around and leaves the field think it winded me and so do all the does didnt see anymore after that my dad had 3 does come in and shot one right before dark after he shot it I saw it running along the field hunkered down real low to the ground got down and went over to his stand but couldnt find his arrow but started to find blood first big spot dark red blood and white hair tracked ger along the edge of the field and had good blood then she headed back into the woods still good blood started going uphill then a big puddle in the leaves against a fallen log it looks like she tried to lay against it to plug the hole anyways after that big spot nothing trying to get my dad to take off tommorow but he wont might go tommorow afternoon hope he gets off before the rain comes then there wont be any trail I hope we didnt jump it's from it's bed but we havent found anymore blood so maybe it'shealed the wound I think it has lost alot of blood though we tracked it for a good maybe 100-150 yards I just dont know I think it's dead just wanted some other opions[:@]
Old 10-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Shot One Tonight HELP CANT FIND

How long after the shot was it before you went looking for her?
Old 10-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

we backed out for like an hour we tracked for like 30 yards when we got to the field edgewe backed out
Old 10-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

well to me it sounds like a low liver shot, the white hair to me sounds like the belly hair and a shot midways back would cause the deer to hunch over like that. My guess would be dead deer but if you want the meat to be good you better go in the morning. I hope you didnt push it then you could be in real trouble, i wouldnt have tracked it just after an hours wait, waiting until morning would have been the right thing to do but we all make mistakes.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

I really hate tracking them in the dark I said dad take a sick day and we will come back tommorow so we dont push it he said he cant so I said by the time you get home it will probably be rainning so I guess we better keep tracking her we did hear something loud running around when we were tracking I really hope it was a squirel
Old 10-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Dominant Buck

And now you know why they preach punctuation.[&:]
Old 10-26-2006, 09:04 PM

I think you pushed her.
If you would've waited longer you may have found her dead where you found the big puddle?
It's hard to say, none of us were there.

I am not trying to be harsh here so take this in the way I intend it,
If your Dad can't take the time to track and find a hit deer maybe he shouldn't hunt during the week?
I have 2 days per week off, Sunday and Monday. I hunt Sunday so if I hit a deer Sunday night I have all day Monday to look for it if needed.
I occasionally hunt Monday morning but NEVER Monday afternoon.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

No kidding.

Redneck, Do you have a something against periods? I can hardly understand your post. It's not hard too push a button, it will help you get a better responce from your post.

Sounds like your pops isn't too concerened about the deer, but he has a family to feed.good luck and I hope y'all get there before the rain. Can you drive or get someone else to take you too the spot?

Old 10-26-2006, 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I wasn't gonna be the one to say it!

Anyways, to me--and I will fully admit that I am an amatuer yet when it comes to tracking--it sounds like you kicked the deer up from its bed. It'll make things a little more of a challenge, but definitely not impossible. Good luck tomorrow!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bow Hunter

went this afternoon and it was great somewhat you will see why 6:00 see 2 does in the distance feeding on soy that has just been cut today then crack to my left one no two 3-4 more does come out to the field to eat then one more but wait it's a buck yes it's the 7pt that I have a picture of I try a doe bleat to get it to come closer it looks around then turns around and leaves the field think it winded me and so do all the does didnt see anymore after that my dad had 3 does come in and shot one right before dark after he shot it I saw it running along the field hunkered down real low to the ground got down and went over to his stand but couldnt find his arrow but started to find blood first big spot dark red blood and white hair tracked ger along the edge of the field and had good blood then she headed back into the woods still good blood started going uphill then a big puddle in the leaves against a fallen log it looks like she tried to lay against it to plug the hole anyways after that big spot nothing trying to get my dad to take off tommorow but he wont might go tommorow afternoon hope he gets off before the rain comes then there wont be any trail I hope we didnt jump it's from it's bed but we havent found anymore blood so maybe it'shealed the wound I think it has lost alot of blood though we tracked it for a good maybe 100-150 yards I just dont know I think it's dead just wanted some other opions[:@]
breathe buddy, it'll be ok. That has to be the longest sentence I've ever seen.

Quick Reply: Shot One Tonight HELP CANT FIND

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.