Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Release Problem

Old 10-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Release Problem

Wow that would really suck!
Old 10-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Dominant Buck

I think you are right. I've bought 2 from Walmart and neither could shoot straight. This Tru Fire I have has a short front piece about 2 inches. Ilove it. I shoot best with that one. I did buy it used so you are correct. I will take your advice and get one. There it is ..I found it on ebay..
It has the shorter metal part sticking out. I like them best.

Thanks sir.
I'll order one tomorrow.
C7

Old 10-26-2006, 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

I think you are right. I've bought 2 from Walmart and neither could shoot straight. This Tru Fire I have has a short front piece about 2 inches. Ilove it. I shoot best with that one. I did buy it used so you are correct. I will take your advice and get one. There it is ..I found it on ebay..
It has the shorter metal part sticking out. I like them best.

Thanks sir.
I'll order one tomorrow.
C7

I bolded your problem.

Go spend the $50 or so to get yourself a decent release.

Check out Cobra's Mamba R1, it runs for about $45.

I got one as a graduation present last May, and I love it.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Dominant Buck

I bolded your problem.

How is that release different fromTru Fire?? At this point in my life money is no problem.
c7
Old 10-26-2006, 07:41 PM

I bolded your problem.

How is that release different fromTru Fire??
c7
Well for one, it isn't as bulky.

It has an adjustable trigger, meaning I can adjust the amount of tension it takes to trigger the release.

The head swivels.

The head is also hinged where it meets with the strap, meaning I can fold it out of the way as I climb into my stand, reach into my pack, etc.

But, in your situation, the most important thing that makes this release different;

It goes off.

Everytime I pull the trigger.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:44 PM

Chuck, the TruFire you want on Ebay will work perfectly fine. They are good releases, your old one just sticks once in a while do to dirt, crud, and the beginnings of mechanical failure. If you like that one, go for it dude.

And since money is no issue....I have a van that needs a new heater core.....[8D]
Old 10-26-2006, 07:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Well for one, it isn't as bulky.

It has an adjustable trigger, meaning I can adjust the amount of tension it takes to trigger the release. That is good.

The head swivels. the Tru Fire does too.

The head is also hinged where it meets with the strap, meaning I can fold it out of the way as I climb into my stand, reach into my pack, etc.
That is good..I always put my on later.

But, in your situation, the most important thing that makes this release different;

It goes off. True..that would be a horrible situation if I meissed some game because of prevenative measure as a decent release.

Everytime I pull the trigger.
I appreciate the advice and will look into it.
c7

Old 10-28-2006, 05:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Just got another one off of Ebay .New in package for 15.00
The release sells for 61.00 new.

Allows a natural pulling position which equalizes pressure between wrist and trigger. Realtree strap and a trigger and sear that are heat treated and teflon coated for years of use without wear. By adjusting the set screw in the body below the trigger the head can be locked in position or for 45 degree rotation or for 360 degree rotation. Right Hand

$61.99

Old 10-28-2006, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

As others have said,the lack of control relating to your shooting is encompassed broadly under the term target panic.Target panic takes many forms,they all boil down to involuntary mental responses in your ability to control your shot.
The best thing to do is read up on it,Bernie Pellerite is an instructor and author who has written a bunch about it.If you do a search on "target panic" you will get plenty of helpful material to read through.
In the short term the things that I personally would be doing is Blind Bale shooting which is practicing with your eyes closed very close to the target and just focusing on how your shot should feel without interference from the need to hit a particular spot.Take plenty of time in between shots,lots of deep breaths to give the brain plenty of oxygen,and go through a shot sequence ie position your feet the same way every time,draw the bow the same way every time,bring the string to the tip of your nose the same way every time,before you close your eyes center your pin in your peep the same way every time.If any of that sequence is interrupted let down and wait a couple minutes and start over.
This is a vast topic and one that I can't cover completely but there are other things that enter in to shooting your best,such as using back tension to trigger your release versus an index finger,thumb or pinky.I would say the most important thing is to relax,come to the realization that nothing that important is at stake with each arrow you shoot,a relaxed mind is absolutely imperative to good stress free shooting.
I suffered terribly with target panic a number of years ago and to this day when practicing I shoot one arrow at a time and than I walk to the target and get it,most of my practice sessions are at 50 yards,so I get a lot of walking inbut with every relaxed shot I focus on form and consistency in my shot placement.I wouldn't consider myself an expert in this area but I have had plenty of personal experience.
If there is anything that I can offer to help just let me know!
Old 10-28-2006, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is the releaseI use as well and so far it has been flawless!

Just got another one off of Ebay .New in package for 15.00
The release sells for 61.00 new.

Allows a natural pulling position which equalizes pressure between wrist and trigger. Realtree strap and a trigger and sear that are heat treated and teflon coated for years of use without wear. By adjusting the set screw in the body below the trigger the head can be locked in position or for 45 degree rotation or for 360 degree rotation. Right Hand

$61.99

Quick Reply: Release Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.