Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

accuracy rate?

Old 10-26-2006, 05:07 PM

Default RE: accuracy rate?

BowHunter46,

The things everyone is talking about are not really expensive, and maybe if youtalked to your floks they would let you get your bow adjusted. The truth is that if you get it set correctly for you and all the timing issues resolved , you will be much happier with the way you shoot and your confidence will improve. It might also make the difference between a injured deer and some food in the freezer. And I know none of us want to see another injured deer story over something like this....

Good luck to ya.

God Bless

Old 10-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with everyone. A bow that dont fit dont shoot good. One other thing that you might try is a good used bow that fits. Some pro shops have used one for resale. Since you dont know alot about bows dont buy a used bow online. because you can have the same problems or different ones. You can also look for a archery club by you, there are a lot of good people thatcan help you. The key is to find some help.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ArrowMike

I agree with everyone. A bow that dont fit dont shoot good. One other thing that you might try is a good used bow that fits. Some pro shops have used one for resale. Since you dont know alot about bows dont buy a used bow online. because you can have the same problems or different ones. You can also look for a archery club by you, there are a lot of good people thatcan help you. The key is to find some help.
yeah i never really considered anything was really wrong with the bow im shooting.ialways knewthat it never really fit right for me, but i figured thatthe problem was more aboutmy form orsomething of that nature. thisyear i will be earning some extramoney fromtrapping so i might be able to get a new bowafter this winter. i would rather go to a proshop and just get some help pickin one out then try to fix my 10 or 15+ year bow. but ur right....i may know somethin about huntin deer, but when it comes to bows.....im cluless lol

Old 10-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Dominant Buck

I have a bow very similiar to you.I was getting the same results.
Here is what I did to get my groups consistently with in a 3inch circle at 20 yds.

1. Make sure you have a cable guardto get those darn cables out of the way of your fletching.

2. Have the proper rest put on. There is a decent one for us guys who don't have an off set window...at a bow shop.I can send you a picture of mine if youwould like. I'm nearly fletch free.

3. Carbon arrows shoot straighter than aluminums .Yours would probably shoot those Walmart 6075 Terminators great.

4. Try a tru fire quick release... that was my finishing touch...for consistant accuracy.

If you need a picture let me know. As these guys said though..if your bow is 3inches off you need either some adjusting or a different bow.
YOu can find your draw length by having someone measure the distance between yhour finger tips with arms extended outwards. Then....divide that number by 2.5
That is your draw length.
C7
Old 10-26-2006, 06:52 PM

Bud i feel for you!! You got the fever and no money, Hang in there and maybe you can have apro shop look at it and make some adjustment. Its tough being 15 no money and wanting to hunt, Stay with it and dont lose the desire, it will give you something to work towards. Join a archery club stay with it and maybe something will come together for ya....
Old 10-26-2006, 07:13 PM

I haven't been there, but we have a swap forum and gear forum... If I were you, I'd possibly check in there and see if anyone has a bow they would be willing to trade (maybe they had a kid outgrow a 28" draw or something). You'd be surprised how willing some of the guys and gals on here are to help keep the young hunter's interest in the sport.

I am sure we all understand the money issues, we've all been there at one time or another.

Hang in there, check out the gear and swap forums and see if someone there can help you get into something that fits rather inexpensively.