Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who sits all day???? >

Who sits all day????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who sits all day????

Old 10-26-2006, 06:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Who sits all day????

Criteria:

1) IN A TREESTAND
2) ALL DAY
3) No come down for nothin

Who can do it/does it? It's that time of year, around here (or VERY close). I want to do this on the 4th and 11th of Nov.....and maybe one more day.

How many of you can actually do this.....based on the criteria listed above?

jeff
Old 10-26-2006, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Who sits all day????

I will tell you I cant. I last like 3 hours and if I have seen nothing I am almost ready to swan dive out of my stand. I ll tell you I use cheap uncomfortable stands too.

Jim
Old 10-26-2006, 07:03 AM

I will sit all day but I pick the days I sit the most for peak activity.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

I will tell you I cant. I last like 3 hours and if I have seen nothing I am almost ready to swan dive out of my stand. I ll tell you I use cheap uncomfortable stands too.

Jim
I do the same thing! Then I spend a bunch of money trying to make them comfy....[&:] I could do four hours or so, then give the @$$ and back a rest. I used a buddies summit climber when I went to Shawnee. I could of sat there all day...that was nice!I bought acomfortzone double tree stand condo (kids) the other day. Sent wife to hobby lobby for foam and camo fabric...$$$[:@] I have three stands, Basic 15' (bring your own seat cusion), sling seat (fixed) not to bad and the comfortzone Dble condo(making cusions). OH and a whole bunch of Doan's pills..[:'(]

Next stand will havesome type of netting orseat with straps like the summit.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

I use the Gorilla DLX stand with the net seat. I bring water and snacks, and I have no problem sitting there for long periods. The longest I have sat so far is 7 hours, but I know I can make it from sun up to sun down.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:40 AM

Well if i was seeing deer or pretty often i think i could sit there, But if i wasnt seeing anything then about 4 or 5 hours for me.

Normally i will sit 4 hours anyway every time i go out.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

I've sat all day a few times but it's very tough for me. 4 hours is usually plenty for me. I got a new SummitX5 this year and it's a lot more comfortable. Boredom isabout 30% reason I leave and the cold is 70%. When I can't feel my toes I gotta come down! This year I bought a bunch of "Toasty Toes" and hand warmers. I guess that should help. I told myself I'm going to hunt longer and harder than previous years! LastSaturday I sat 7 hours in the morning, took an hour break then went back out from 3:00PM till dark. Very good for me.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:56 AM

Play the hand as it unfolds. Bucks are ramping up to the seek/chase phase. I go into my sets with intentions of setting all day as we get closer to Nov. time permitting and if I can keep the wife off my back. Must haves for me as follows. Small water bottle, granola bars, ice bag for pissing in, extra clothes pending forcast. I use a summit viper and ladder stands on all day sets. I have a couple loc on's but can't set stillafter a few hours and no way all day. Confident stand location, comfortable stand, andhow the day unfolds as far as weather wind and just that gut feeling is how I play the hand. Havn't set all day so far this year but its coming. Sometimes hitting the ground for 20 to 30 minutes rejuvanates me when that need to stretch and get my focus back. Be prepared at end of day to be mentally exhausted. When you hit that day when every hour or so you see deer and numerous bucks it will give you the drive to force you to hang tight on your set.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt the week leading up to gun season here in Ky. The peak rut is real close, so i will hunt until 1pm or thereabouts. After a short break, be back in by 3:30 or so.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do it during the week I take on in November, but that's it. I will often times be out all day other times, but I usually get down to change stand locations. I bring books usually when I do this and I tend to use my climber more because it is so much more comfortable than my lock ons. It is better for napping too.

Quick Reply: Who sits all day????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.