Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 See Ya!, Corn...... >

See Ya!, Corn......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

See Ya!, Corn......

Old 10-26-2006, 06:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Default See Ya!, Corn......

I hunt in a sort of "triangle" of 3 rural roads that make up about 500 acres (although I only have access to a fraction of that acreage). A lot of the area I speak of is farmland.....with about 50% of that being sewn in corn, this year (50% beans). Whether they do or don't......"I" feel like the big boys are hiding out in the corn.

They cut a lot of it earlier this week.....and they're cutting more of it, today and tomorrow. They'll be done, by Friday afternoon. I'm hunting ALL DAY, Saturday.

I love this time of year!

Jeff
Old 10-26-2006, 08:25 AM

Default RE: See Ya!, Corn......

And you , my friend , are sitting on a gold mine, if you are hunting those crops. Good luck to you.

God Bless

Old 10-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck man. You definetly have yourself a honey hole. Like you I believe the big boys will hang in standing corn until either it is picked or the rut is in full swing. Good luck.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yup, it's pretty much a rule, if the corn is standing, there is deer in it....lol That's pretty much what I'm up against.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah I'm waiting for the day they cut the corn on the adjacent property to mine. There's a GIANT cornfield still standing just on the other side of the boundary line. Problem is I don't know when the heck they will be able to harvest it. It's been raining for the last ....I dont' even know how many days. Fields are flooded [:'(]
Old 10-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the places I hunt cut the corn last week, I was salivating!
Old 10-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

I know what your saying rob,The corn is still standing where i hunt also doesn't look like they'll get it any time soon. We've had so much rain and it's raining again .I hope the big boy comes out during the rut so i can get a shot at him or at least see him.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:41 PM

Tell me about Corn my whole woods is surrounded by corn, and we have alot of rain today and more tommorrow, I think alot of the deer are staying in the corn and the woods do show signs of deer, just have'nt had the time too spend yet, But the season should start getting good real soon? Therecalling for more rain Saturday changing to snow later in the day, May have to move alittle closer to the edge of the woods looking into the corn. But will be after them Saturday and Sunday.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dang, we cut our corn a month ago. Thats the only time I hate monster buck sheds. It sucks when you have a rack stuck in an $1800 tire.