Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BOOM, head shot? >

BOOM, head shot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BOOM, head shot?

Old 10-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: BOOM, head shot?

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

ORIGINAL: portable ladder

people wonder why hunters have a bad name, come on people. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No kidding I agree 100%. This forum usually has a lot good useful info on it. However, today some people on here are not using their head and posting some flat out stupid things. Sometimes I wonder if its still safe to even be in the woods with some of the things that are being talked about lately.
Come on, do you really think it's what we do that gives us a bad name or people like PETA who hate us anyway?
Old 10-25-2006, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

ORIGINAL: portable ladder

people wonder why hunters have a bad name, come on people. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No kidding I agree 100%. This forum usually has a lot good useful info on it. However, today some people on here are not using their head and posting some flat out stupid things. Sometimes I wonder if its still safe to even be in the woods with some of the things that are being talked about lately.
Come on, do you really think it's what we do that gives us a bad name or people like PETA who hate us anyway?
I agree with Fieldmouse. I'm pretty sure it's the killing they don't like.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Guy's lady dude is Stealthycat and many other usernames. He is going to bait you and then turn this into one of his well this site takes advertisers that he considers to be "canned hunting" operations. He would never take a head shot with a bow.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

If a deer is within 20 yards and I have a shotgun(slugs) I shoot it in the neck. I have never not had one drop from that. When they drop they drop dead.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Worry about the 0ver 80% of the population that doesn't hunt but would gladly vote against it if a deer walks into their yard with an arrow sticking out of it's head.

Spike, I believe this is about shooting one with a bow.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

My buddy was telling me how the good shooters do that. So I tried and completely missed a doe at 15 yards with the smoke pole. Granted, it was walking, but if I aimed for the heart/lung area I would have had that deer just like all the others I got. No more head shots for me!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Buck Huntin Girl

I wasn't being harsh with you, but there are a ton of "young" hunters here (not necessarily in age, but experience). I'd like to do MY part to make sure ethics are kept in check and the rest of us hunters don't get a bad rep for their lack of brains.

I read a new post every day, "New hunter" "help for a new hunter" etc... I would hate to see a "new" hunter think that this is the best way to, or even a reasonableoption to hunt.

If I had to do it to save my life, heck yah, I'm gonna shoot, and the chance of me even hitting it would be next to nil... unless I got Monster Boy 10 charging me with ill intentions, I ain't sending a bullet or arrow anywhere CLOSE to his head.
I think it is good that this was exposed to 'young hunters' because now they know it is not a good shot and will never try it.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

My father in-law has shot several deer in the head..arrows and slugs. Although it has done the trick, not really something I'd care to try.

Along the same lines, my buddy got one right below the right eye a couple weekends back. Didn't mean too...just happened that way. Dropped her though.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: kenman

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer
when the shot is off it's mark a couple inches and does nothing more than remove the bottom jaw.
Hunting with the rifle a few years ago, I hear a shot, about 5 minutes later a doe is coming down my trail and her snout is completely gone. She was in terrible shape, making awful wheezing noises. I put her down on the spot. A few minutes later, the goofball that shot her showed up. I told him "your deer is right there, don't ever take that shot again".
You should have punched him in his snout and then showed him the deer ?
Old 10-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Head shot ,while bowhunting ,definately out of the question ,not something to be proud of or brag about .
I think anyone who intentionally tries this shot ,deserve's to miss completely and also deserve's the criticism he get's from other forum memebr's .
We all need to have some respect for the animal we're hunting and a head shot in most case's would be a wounded animal that may never heel ,or may wonder off and die elsewhere [unretrievable ].

nubo

Quick Reply: BOOM, head shot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.