Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My 2nd '06 Deer.....the story >

My 2nd '06 Deer.....the story

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My 2nd '06 Deer.....the story

Old 10-26-2006, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My 2nd '06 Deer.....the story

Hold on just a minute, Jerk, I don't think so. I said in my post I am not degrading him for killing the deer. I have no ill feelings whatsoever towards gobbler. Some of you misunderstood my response. I am an ethical hunter who has, yes, accidently killed a few button bucks in my time. I haven't done it in a long long time though because I make absolutely sure it's not a bb before I shoot. If I don't know for sure I don't shoot. That's my choice, so some of you back off with the name calling. I also understand why he took a piebald. That's a very rare thing. Jealous, give me a break. I have probably killed more deer than most of the people on this site. Why in the hell would I be jealous. When someone kills a nice deer I'm happy for them. I'm happy for everyone on this site that scores. Don't dare put me in the category as one who is jealous of others or who is an unethical hunter. You shoot what you want and I'll shoot what I want. Guys, don't hate me for a response that came out looking the wrong way. I love hunting and I deeply respect the game I am after and I respect most of you for feeling the same way. Good luck with your season.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Since nobody has judged you, I will. You said you were remorseful for killing a button buck. Don't shoot a deer unless you are absolutely sure it's not a button buck. If your not sure then don't shoot, let it walk. I promise there will be others. I'm not degrading you on your kill. If you want to kill a fawn that's fine, but if you don't want to kill a button buck and your not positively sure it's a doe then don't shoot. I too feel for every deer I kill.
Strutter......It was MY deer.....and I have NO ill feelings towards you. Your post IS a little pointed, though. You start out ADMITTEDLY "judging" me.

You also imply that I set out intending to shoot fawns? You don't know me. I've had over 50 deer in MY bow range, this year.....and I've pulled the trigger 3 times. I shot the Piebald because it was a piebald. Period.

i have no ill feelings....and I hope you were simply misunderstood. Have a wonderful hunting season.

Jeff
Old 10-26-2006, 02:51 PM

who cares if its a button buck its a piebald. how many chances in a lifetime do you get for one of those. NOT MANY!! awesome deer
Old 10-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow. I love these guys that come on here and talk about hunting as if they are the deer police. We all started hunting at one time or another, and anyone that has shot a good number of deer has shot a bb a time or two. I have shot deer smaller that Gobbler's, and bb to boot. The point is that they were my deer and all cherished memories for me. Awesome deer Gobbler, will be one to remember. Every deer we are lucky enough to kill should be regarded as a trophy.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:27 AM

like i said in my first post you killed it because of the color ,you just said you had hide fever...whatever in the hell that is it had nothing to do with it being a button buck or doe you just wanted the hide .....that is no different to me than leaving the animal in the woods for animals to eat and cutting off the horns ........if you looked at it through your binos at 40 yards and shot it at 20 and couldnt tell it was a button buck i would invest in a new set of optics or glasses.yes i have killed button bucks because i wanted too and yes i knew they were button bucks ....just like you did ......if everyone wants to lable me as a jerk thats of too but if any of you were on this hunt and you went to help someone drag out a 40 pound button head you would be sick wouldnt you?....thats my point kill what you have legal tags for but dont front like you didnt know ...in my opinoin that counts for 2 bucks in n.c not 1 i know what the law states but the law of man and the law of the woods is 2 different things.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: modman

like i said in my first post you killed it because of the color ,you just said you had hide fever...whatever in the hell that is it had nothing to do with it being a button buck or doe you just wanted the hide .....that is no different to me than leaving the animal in the woods for animals to eat and cutting off the horns ........if you looked at it through your binos at 40 yards and shot it at 20 and couldnt tell it was a button buck i would invest in a new set of optics or glasses.yes i have killed button bucks because i wanted too and yes i knew they were button bucks ....just like you did ......if everyone wants to lable me as a jerk thats of too but if any of you were on this hunt and you went to help someone drag out a 40 pound button head you would be sick wouldnt you?....thats my point kill what you have legal tags for but dont front like you didnt know ...in my opinoin that counts for 2 bucks in n.c not 1 i know what the law states but the law of man and the law of the woods is 2 different things.
Who took a pee in your wheaties this morning, LOL
You need to have a beer and relax, it is just a deer.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

this is the reason alot of us that have leases cant grow deer because the bucks are harvested as infants .....the deer you shot has not even been born long enough to know what cold weather is!
That is the dumbest statement I have ever heard. The big bucks are out there I promise. You probably don't know how to scout and hunt for a mature whitetail and you take the easy way out and blame your lack of success on hunters that killyearlings. We have been through this a thousand times. Just because you wouldn't shoot a yearling deer doesn't mean everyone has the same feelings as you. Modman you need to learn to show a little more respect to your fellow hunters.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Law of man vs. law of the woods? I think that interprets to the law of modman!

All rise, modman has spoken!

I disagree with you Ghemry, I don't think this guy needs any beer...
Old 10-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

dumbass
I think you are about to meet the law of HNI, name calling is not tolerated.

Have a nice day[8D]
Old 10-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

this message is to goherd1111 you are a dumbass i have killed more mature racked bucks than you have ever even seen in the picture books .why dont you go check out the pope young score book and you will see my name several times i am sure yours is not in there is it rookie!you are about as worthless as afull pissbottle at lunch time .you are probably some computer nerd that knows how to copy and paste quotes on this site .......here is some advise for you get off the computer and start scouting .....if you kill 2 bucks a day for the rest of your life you will still not be in the ballpark of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Wow two in one thread, watch the nerd stuff, I know a few butt kicking nerds[8D]

Quick Reply: My 2nd '06 Deer.....the story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.