Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i am back...long story  (PIC ADDED) >

i am back...long story (PIC ADDED)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i am back...long story (PIC ADDED)

Old 10-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default i am back...long story (PIC ADDED)

wellas yall know i wen tto illinois last week and man was it a blast. Day one was cold and rainy and i hunted off of the ground due to some technical difficulties but saw 5 bucks including a 120s class 10 pt at 20 yards but a 750 dollar fee for anything under 125 inches so i passed him up. next afternoon i am sittin on the edge of an alfalfa feild and 6 bucks walk behind me from 100 to 120 class two started sparring so i am messing around wihtthem and start grunting for 30 minutes str8 and theni hear one running in to my stand and look behind me a 140s to 150s 8 came in 20 yards i drew stopped him perfectly and shot thwack see him runnin off with the arrow in him and went uhoh. got down NO BLOOD went back the next day 350 yards away about 20 drops of blood and the tracker decides to go shoot my bow from the tree come to find out my rest had moved during the trip high and right in the shoulder no penetration the deer is still alive. the next night i am getting my bow fixed and my guide went hunting on a farm with two other guys and he shot his first deer with a bow a 144 in 270 lb 9 point congrats to him man i saw 4 bucks over 125 class and 1 borderline my dad also saw 4 shooter and had one 65 yards away yesterday morning and h hi the ratteling antlers and took of due to the prescence of a 200 in booner in the area we never saw man we are going back next year it is by far the best hunt i have EVER been on it was great good people too. if you want a great hunt go to Illinois ohio valley trophy hunts with Jarod Jackson great folks man i will post a picture of our guides behemoth in a minute gus it feels great to be home though
sry team nockdown no luck theis time but i may be going back in december
Old 10-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: i am back...long story

Sounds like ya had a great time. I have to check my bow on about every outing . Mine gets out of site as well.{ Probably bouncing down those dirt roads in the WMAs}Sorry you didn't get your deer.
C7
Old 10-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does this place have a website, my parents told me yesterday that after I graduate college(still a senior in h.s.) that my dad and I can go on a bowhunting trip(I was drooling at this point). I cant believe those words came out of my moms mouth. This is going to be a trip of a lifetime for me. All I can say is Illinois here I come...
Old 10-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

trophydeerhunt.com man i am going next year again you will drool all over this website man you have got to go here gotta give ryan a big congrats on this one
Old 10-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

thats not a deer....its a horse with antlers

Old 10-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

what makes it sad is my deer was this big i stuck[&o]at least he is alive and will be bigger next year
Old 10-24-2006, 08:55 PM

that's a nice deer...that's a REALLY nice deer!
Old 10-24-2006, 08:59 PM

YEAH my eyes wouldent' leave that rack too buddy! Not for awhile at least.. niiice
Old 10-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

havent got word back from jarod yet but my dads deer was probably killed this morning....or the 200 incher in that area we found out about after we left they were trying to give us a surprise heart attack
Old 10-25-2006, 11:15 PM

wow that is an awesome deer congrats.

Quick Reply: i am back...long story (PIC ADDED)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.