Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

She's dead

Old 10-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Banned

Default RE: She's dead

Cool pics; sorry for your loss. HCH
Old 10-25-2006, 01:18 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear about the doe. Hopefully the fawns remember the safety of your yard and return with the next generations!
Old 10-25-2006, 01:47 AM
Site Buck Guru

Sorry to hear. Hopefully the fawns will remain and take her place.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I was going to work the other morning, My headlights lit up a buck standing at the edge of the road. Laying beside him was a doe with her head up, looking around. I thought it was odd, that the doe would be laying there intead of being chased by the buck at this time of year. They were about 15 yards from the road.

On my way home, I looked over where the doe was in the morning. There she was, dead.

I parked and walked over to see if it was the tame doe. She had a cawlik (sp) where the hair stood up on the back of her neck. She also had a swelled spot on her left jaw. Sure enough, both of these where there. It was her.

I looked for skid marks on the road, there were none. Just a few pieces of broken plastic. she may have been hit intentionally. Who knows?

I also saw several tufts of hair skattered all around where she was laying , yet it didn't appear that anything was feeding on her, such as a possum or skunk.

I then figired, that the tufts of hair were probably from the buck goring her with his antlers. The simple SOB was probably trying to get her to stand to breed her.

I called my wife and gave her the news. She saw her dead when she came home from work. She left an hour later and called to tell me that someone took her. She was no longer laying there.

Kinda makes me wonder if she wasn't hit intentionally and that person knew she was fresh enough to take to eat.

Always have people slowing down, when they ride by, to look at the deer in the yard. They spot our yard at night also. I don't mind it. I just woder if some YaHoo wdidn't want to fill his freezer.

Anyway, thanks guys for letting me vent. I'm surprised at the support. I guess us hunters aren't such a bad bunch of guys after all.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:48 PM

Those are some very cool pics windwalker7.

I am sorry she was killed.

I have had deer in my yard like that before. It is very peaceful sitting out there with them. Never had the nerve to hunt any of them. At one time I might have had 10 different deer, bucks included, come up to my house. I miss those days.

God bless,

Old 10-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Windwalker:

I've watched your posts with ENVY over the past yr or so. I think it was really special what you shared with her.....but you know that.

I kill deer. Yes. But....I love them like I'm sure all of you do too.

Heck....my cat got run over the morning I left for Mexico.....and that tore me up. I'm 42 yrs old.....and I don't know anyone who loves animals any more than I do.

I really hate this for you......and I hope your fawns stick around. I'm planting food plots, next year, and I'm bringing my feeder to my yard. I want some "resident" deer to watch....feed....and just have around. I'll be sure to share my pics with you when I get some.

Peace.

jeff
Old 10-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Funny how nature works. Two of its creatures on opposite ends of the food chain spending quality time together, and respecting each other. As hard as it seems, and as tough as we portray ourselves to be, the hard/painful times are what shape us into who we are. All of us could be great and strong (or at least appear to be) if everything always went right in our lives. But the strong are strong because they've been through the tough times. You don't become strong due to the absence of conflict or hard times, it is these hard times that shape you into who you are. I'm sorry that you lost your friend sir.
God Bless
Old 10-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Windwalker7...life's like that!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Definetly sucks bro. Maybe you'll get another one to tame down and hang out with you in the yard.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:44 PM

Thats a bummer. I doubt anybody intentionally hit the deer. Even if you drive a beater its going to cause more damage than the deer would be worth. IMO.

Quick Reply: She's dead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.