HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Has anyone else ever heard of this. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/161438-has-anyone-else-ever-heard.html)

classified 10-24-2006 02:23 PM

Has anyone else ever heard of this.

I was sitting in my treestand and about 5:00 i heard a crashing comming through the woods, i notice that it is a pretty big doe so i get ready in case i get a shot. well she comes right done the trail that i hoped she would and i noticed that she started to look wobbley.Thats when i notice blood on her and then like a ton of bricks she went down less then 10 yrds from my treestands.What had happen was there was a guy about 100 yrds aaway and i didn't know it. i sat tight in my stand and waited for him to track this doe and when he found her i let him know i was there, and that i had seen the whole thing. i went ahead and packed up all my gear and helped him drag it to his truck.has anyone else ever seen this before.

Bird Hunt Dog 10-24-2006 02:31 PM

RE: Has anyone else ever heard of this.

A Buddie of mine shot a 190" Non typical a few years ago in Wisconsin. He shot it straight down in the heart.......Well it ran away and stopped in front of another guy who shot it also......When the other guy got out of his stand and seen the blood trail coming from where the deer came from, he followed it to my buddies stand! All that guy asked for was a picture with the buck........Could of been a mess!

Greg / MO 10-24-2006 02:33 PM

Could have been a mess is right! Your buddy was EXTREMELY fortunate...

I've never had that happen, but I try to hunt as secluded an area as I can, even though I hunt mostly public land.

BJ1011 10-24-2006 02:38 PM

It could have been much, much worse. We've all read stories of a hunter every couple of years who shoots a buck and then shoots another hunter because they had a fight over whose buck it was. A picture, wow. Was this guy a tresspasser?

Bird Hunt Dog 10-24-2006 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: BJ1011
Was this guy a tresspasser?
No they where both pretty close to the property lines I guess!

V8Ranger 10-24-2006 06:47 PM

I got screwed out of a 10 point a few years ago during shot gun season. It was hunting with friends and this was a friend of mines brother in law. I have known the guy for years and alway got along with him. I shot it and it took off, then he came along on his 4 wheeler to see where it went and shot it again and claimed it was a different deer. But here is the real kicker, he shot it once and it had two slug holes, go figure. It was my first buck I would have ever gotten and he took it. Now my biggest buck is a spike, sad hu.

Matt/TN 10-24-2006 06:52 PM

greg id like to know how u find these monstters on public land

also do you guys remeber that story that some guy had "made" up a couple months ago that he was field dressing the deer with a sharp stick that one of his indian friends showed him and some guy walked up and took his buck from him? Id like to find that post because i remeber it caused a lot of uproar and got quite a few replies but there isnt a way to find it now i dont think

RDHunter 10-24-2006 07:03 PM

Yea where I hunt at theres about seven other hunters and we all share about 500 + acres of public land .
Well last season one of my friends shot a nice nine pointer and the buck ran past my stand before he droped .
Like you I waited for my friend and we talked about his buck then we tracked it down and drag him out.

mitchmtm1 10-24-2006 08:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougars09
also do you guys remeber that story that some guy had "made" up a couple months ago that he was field dressing the deer with a sharp stick that one of his indian friends showed him and some guy walked up and took his buck from him? Id like to find that post because i remeber it caused a lot of uproar and got quite a few replies but there isnt a way to find it now i dont think
That was a classic, but unfortunatly the forum search feature has been down for sometime and I don't know how you could find it other than a search.

Mitch

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-24-2006 08:29 PM

My brother was a full draw on a doe that I had shot, the doe collapsed before he pulled the trigger, he didn't understand why cause he didn't hear me shoot.

He thought he scared it to death, we had a big laugh and it was an easy recovery for me...lol