Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who uses G5 Montecs? >

Who uses G5 Montecs?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who uses G5 Montecs?

Old 10-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who uses G5 Montecs?

Just shot a doe with them Friday night. Complete pass through, but no blood. However she fell about 30-40 yards.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

I had G5 but then found these Hellfires and there is nothing better than the Hellfires in my opinion....
Old 10-23-2006, 09:06 PM

Well I bought some in august i beleive havent shot a deer yet this season and it is my first time using them so i guess we will have to see everyone that I have talked to that uses them seems to be really happy with them.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was going to use them, but they just didn't want to shoot well for me. I stuck with the Slick Tricks, however alot of the guys at the proshop use them and with very good results. They are certainly tough.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:37 PM

Hey, at the risk of sounding like a paid G5 advertisement...ahh who cares. Here you go-

ONE PIECE- no blades to lose
STRAIGHT- spin tested to like +/- .002 = they fly great
RESHARPENABLE- sure, it takes time and some practice, but you can get 'em real sharp w/ the leather
CUT-ON-CONTACT-you gottalove cut on contact
ALL STEEL- c'mon

Blood trails have been very good, though I used Rocket Steelheads one year and the bloodtrail from those really impressed me too. If I have any beef at all w/ the montec's it would be thatwhile they fly straight and true, they are not necessarilly the quietest flying head out there. Shoot 'em.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:09 PM

wow...after reading some of this I've all but made up my mind to get some! I've been debating it since last year, but these definitely sound like a good investment.

here's an add on question--How many of you use the G5 practice heads? Are they worth the extra investment, or is it just easier to stick with plain field tips?
Old 10-24-2006, 02:25 AM
Site Bouncer

I killed 5 deer last year with them, all pass throughsand not one went out of my sight before falling over, fantastic broadhead. I will be using them again this year along with Razorcaps. They are much like the Montecs (can be re-sharpened) only if you do bend a tip you can replace the blades only...cool design. Here is a link:http://www.razorcaps.com/

I also have the Montec practice blades...not really needed but it saves on re-sharpening.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:14 AM
Typical Buck

I bought a set of these heads, They looked great and then at noon I was getting ready forthe afternoon hunt and the state police stoped in to check our camp out. well I got a ticket as the G-5 broadheads do not meet Oregon standards. according to the officer they are considered barbed. I called BS. but still had to go toi court over it and althou the fine was thown out It was deamed to be a non leagle broadhead for the state of Oregon. page 10of the big game regs defind this as all broad heads must has a rear edge at 90 degrees to the shaft ( now this is why I didn't get the fine) or "greater" this meets the requirement but because it hooks back the barb rule is abserved. SUcks Huh. Now i'll bet 75 % of the warderns out there wouldn't give a rip and would say there fine but I always fine that one who's is haveing a bad day!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 04:08 AM

I've killed 8 deer with them. The only draw back is they aren't very sharp.In spite of that, everything I killed last year bled well and died fast, except for one deer and I madea horrible shot on her.It still managed to kill her. As Motown said, the Strikers are insanely sharp and so I have switched to them this year. So far, four shots have resulted in two dead does, a dead hog, and a dead raccoon. {I got bored} Everything bled like you were pouring it out of a bucket.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:38 AM

Haven't killed a deer with them yet, but they do fly good.

Quick Reply: Who uses G5 Montecs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.