Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Kids/Wives Bowhunting??? >

Kids/Wives Bowhunting???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kids/Wives Bowhunting???

Old 10-24-2006, 04:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Kids/Wives Bowhunting???

Hey Huntnma,
I got a quota to hunt Kicco this year. { Muzzle Loader}Are you still hunitng Three Lakes.? I saw alot of stuff at the Green Swamp/ Blown 2 opportunities during bow.

Hope ya have a successful year,
God bless,
C7

Old 10-24-2006, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

I was out with my 11 yr old. I was impressed with how much longer he could sit quietly compared to last year. Make it fun for them. Snacks, books, sketchbooks, calls, face paint, whatever... Also, this ground blind sure seems to help, although I haven't shot a deer from it. It's just easier to hunt with kids - sound, movement, scent etc...

Old 10-24-2006, 05:34 AM

Hubby & I go hunting together all the time. My son is 13, so he can legally turkey hunt. My hubby and him go alot. Also we have taken him up in the stand many times and he can't wait until next season when he can legally hunt. (Ny you have to be 14) My 9 yr old daughter shoots bow and has gone out a couple times. We all go scouting together a lot preseason too!
Old 10-24-2006, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

I have taken my 6yr old a few times this year. It was much easier during the early part of the season when it was still warmer. He sat with me last week and made it through until dark but got cold as we were coming out of the woods. It was fun though and we had a great time. I plan on taking my younger son muzzle loader season. We have a couple rifle stands that have heaters in them and they are real cozy.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

One day, I will want to take my daughter hunting...
Old 10-24-2006, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

My oldest boy is ten now and video games is all he and his younger brother want to do right now.Maybe next year after he takes his gun safety training some of the other kids from school are going also will light the fire under his butt.If there are any cute girls i know he'll want to go.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Here is my hunting partner.She has been going bowhunting with me for the last 3 seasons. This is her first year to shoot at them. She missed her first buck a couple weekends ago. She is hooked for life!

Darrall

Old 10-24-2006, 07:49 AM

ME TOO!!!!
ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

Count me in..... They are my favorite people to have with me.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think parents SHOULD get their kids out more. There is a book out that nails our national crisis on the head. It's called, Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder by, Richard Louv.

Too many people have been disconnected for too long from nature.

I was reading an article in my GRIT magazine, which mentioned that most people are content to think that meat grows on trees, becausewe have been conditioned to believe that meat only comes from the supermarket intidy, virtually blood free, packages.The raising, killing and processing of animals has been so sanitized and commercialized that we don't even think twice about it. I believe that is so true. We all need to introduce family, friends even strangers into the wonderful world of hunting. We need to inform them why it is necessary, and it is not necessarily evil or inhumane.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:19 PM

Well, as I said in a previous post about women hunting, my wife is my hunting partner and I'm damn proud of it. Wouldn't want it any other way.

In fact, just yesterday she became successful AGAIN this year with this nice little buck. He had a great body on him and only went about 60 yards after the shot. Don't know who was more excited, her or me......lol

Quick Reply: Kids/Wives Bowhunting???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.