Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best, lightest climber? Need advice. >

Best, lightest climber? Need advice.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best, lightest climber? Need advice.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:20 AM

Default RE: Best, lightest climber? Need advice.

Take a look at these links...

www.olmanoutdoors.com

www.simmonssportinggoods.com

www.wingsupply.com

www.mackspw.com/sort.asp?id=447_643&d=Climbing_Treestands

The links are for a few places that stock them, to get description and prices.
Ol' man stands are great. Been using them since the early 90's. The gorilla's are a copy of the ol' mans.
Ol'man stands come in steel or aluminum.

Ol'Man Grand Multi-Vision Alum

Our Price: $299.99[/b]

Ol'Man Multi-Vision Aluminum Stand

Our Price: $269.99[/b]

OL'MAN GMV GRAND MULTI VISION
STEEL CLIMBING STAND

Price $199.99

OL'MAN GOMDX GRAND OL'MAN
DOUBLE X STEEL CLIMBING STAND

Price $169.99

OL'MAN MV MULTI VISION STAND
STEEL CLIMBING STAND

Price $189.99

GORILLA 47001 GREY BACK
CLIMBING STAND

Price $199.99

GORILLA 47011 PRO SERIES
GREY BACK DELUXE CLIMBING STN

Price $239.99

Old 10-23-2006, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've tried a few climbers now and I feel sometimes that lightest isn't always your best bet. I first started bowhunting out of a Loggy Bayou. While it was ridiculously light, it wasn't the most comfortable stand to spend 12 + hours in. I've since switched to a Summit Cobra x4. I don't use the climbing bar and it weighs in right around 20lbs, but is extremely comfortable and stable. I'll cary an extra 5lbs into the woods each morning knowing its gonna be comfortable to sit in as long as I need to. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

I just bought a lone wolf hand climber, It broke the 1st time I tried to use it. I weight 230 lbs. and it was rated at 350 lbs. what's up with that ? I took it back to the bow shop and took home a summit razor, it weighs a little more but much more comfortable. API also makes a nice comfortable stand.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:26 AM

I have had the API bow hunter for a few years now. I realy like it so far. It's under 20 lbs. and easy to setup quick and quiet.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a SUmmit also and you can't beat the comfort. Theymay be a couple pounds heavier than a Lone Wolf, but I think you will be thankful for that when you want to sit for a long time. The friends of mine that use Lone Wolf say they are nice, but that they are not very comfortable. Since you are not very big though, you may be comfortable in one. Guys with big asses need Summit though!
Old 10-23-2006, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't trade my Summit viper for any other treestand ,it's one of the most comfortable treestand's I've ever used .I alway's feel safe and i agree it bite's into a tree like no other.

nubo
Old 10-23-2006, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

I've never used a Lone Wolf, but I'd take a couple extra pounds with my "lazy boy" summit anyday. SOOOOO comfortable!
Old 10-23-2006, 07:55 AM
Spike

This is my second season with a Lone Wolf Hand Climber. It weighs 14 pounds and packs completely flat (fits in the back of my Jeep, even with all of my other junk): you can't beat it for mobility. Also, the cast aluminum platform and seat frame are rock solid.

You would NOT want to spend all day in it, but I never spend more than four hours at a time.

I am very well pleased. If I had it to do over, I would probably spend the extra $30 for the Sit N Climb model: it weighs three pounds more but looks to be somewhat more comfortable, climbs easier,and still folds flat. I may buy the Sit N Climb seat portion (you can do that) to use with my existing platform, but for now I am satisfied with what I have. First rate quality construction.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:48 PM

Thanks for all the feedback. It's nice to get fast, unbiased advice. I typically spend no more than 2 1/2 hours in my stand so comfort is not a top priority. Hopefully I will find one of these at Cabelas since I have at least a couple hundred free bucks (visa card points). Any other personal experiences with climbers is welcome!
Old 10-23-2006, 05:01 PM

I have a summit viper xls, I love this thing. I have sat all day long in it before. I use it for bow and gun, but if bow is all you want to use it for, you may want to go with the open front summit model. The viper xls can make it difficult to shoot a deer that comes in from behind, your bottom limb may hit the stand. Paid $239.

Quick Reply: Best, lightest climber? Need advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.